cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers not having items they are selling

I'm starting to think that ebay needs to have people who are drop shipping disclose it. I purchased an item(which was more expensive than another company) because the other company shipped from China and I didn't want to wait. Now been over 3 weeks and no item. What a pain! So now I have money out for item and half to order original company I looked at first.  This has been happening more and more so I may just order from China in first place and not even look on ebay. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sellers not having items they are selling

@eskeeler51 

I have ran into this myself occasionally when buying odd computer parts.  I will search for the item, find a ton of them in China, then narrow the search to the US, buy from a US listed seller and end up getting it drop shipped from China anyway.

Though its been awhile since I went through one of those scenarios, I had ended up requesting a refund of it, they refunded it, and the item still showed up weeks later.  I would recommend that, before your 30 days are up.  eBay should allow you to setup a return for no item received once its past its original expected delivery date.   Have you reached out to the seller about it yet and if so, what was their response?

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Even if eBay requires such a disclosure, there will be folks drop-shipping illicitly from retail sites that will not disclose that information because they don't want to admit they are breaking the rules.

Because of that, buyers will always have to look for signs that the seller does not have the item on hand, and take steps to avoid such sellers by examining seller feedback closely. Otherwise buyers run the risk of purchasing from illicit drop-shippers or scammers.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I reached out and was told it was held up in customs.  I have them another 5 days and still no item. So today I asked for a refund. I notice they now have a out of stock notice on the item. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@eskeeler51 

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that.  But with the eBay Money Back Guarantee you should be covered.  It just sucks that you waited, didn't get your item and now need to find it another way.  Good luck though!  😁

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 5 of 5
latest reply