cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I able to return this non working videogame?

Hi. Yesterday I just received a videogame in the mail that I purchased, item #144611084141.

I've been wanting this game for a long time, and upon seeing this low priced listing for it, I saw that it's in very good condition and that the seller states that he believes that the CD-Key is unused. That all sounded great so I didn't hesitate too much to go ahead and pull the trigger to buy it. A couple of days after I ordered it, I got nervous because looking at the item's description again, the seller had stated that the game is sold as-is with no returns.

So unfortunately, as I had feared the game showed up yesterday and upon trying to activate the activation key ( which is required to play the game), I got an error message that the activation key has already been used. 

Am I protected at all in order to return the game, even though the listing says sold as-is? I feel that it was very misleading saying that it's believed that the activation key hadn't been used even though it was.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Am I able to return this non working videogame?

eBay's buyer protection policy is called the Money Back Guarantee" and it overrides any terms that the seller puts in the listing. File a claim for item "Not as described," since the Item Specifics section says that condition is "Very good."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ALL eBay buyers need to make it a point to familiarize themselves with eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  It's seen in every listing and explains exactly how a buyer is protected if/when a transaction goes wrong.

If you've been buying here as long as your history indicates, congratulations if this is the first not as described case you've had to open.

"As is" or "no returns" are sellers' terms that mean nothing in the face of the MBG.  Read it.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

eBay's buyer protection policy is called the Money Back Guarantee" and it overrides any terms that the seller puts in the listing. File a claim for item "Not as described," since the Item Specifics section says that condition is "Very good."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

I'm sorry. It was probably a stupid question 😞

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Pretty sure that I did not imply that "it was a stupid question".

Let me reiterate:  If this is the first item you have received that was NAD, with your significant buying history, then congratulations! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@soh.maryl Let me reiterate:  If this is the first item you have received that was NAD, with your significant buying history, then congratulations! 

Well I am always very careful with buying and only buy from sellers with 100% feedback. Normally i'd never return something, even is the description was a little bit off, but in this specific situation the videogame won't work at all. I've never purchased a game or movie that didn't work at all what so ever, so in this rare case I felt like I should be able to return the game, even though it was sold as-is with no returns.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

even though it was sold as-is with no returns.

Rest assured the eBay platform does not support items sold  ''as is'' and all seller's ''no returns'' policy is over ridden in the case of NAD and seller provides shipping label so you can return

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@zoda99,

"Well I am always very careful with buying and only buy from sellers with 100% feedback".

Apparently you do not do that.  The last 3 seller's you have purchased from, I would have hit the back button as soon as I saw their feedback profile pages.  2 of them have had topics about various problems with transactions posted on this and other boards for years.  

Since you also sell on ebay, you should know what the terms of the Money Back Guarantee are, since sooner or later you will have to deal with it.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 8
latest reply