cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay screwed me out of 931$ because they could not see the delivery address was incorrect

I bought a lower priced audio console from a seller who sent this to a gas station, instead of my business.

I sent them the corresponding USPS document that shows the wrong address.  This was clear as day but they ruled in favor of the seller.  The other problem is you cannot get someone by PHONE!!!!!  They closed the case, and i am at the moment screwed out of $931 as I am working with Amex to try to get this corrected.

Ebay has no Buyer protection.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Ebay screwed me out of 931$ because they could not see the delivery address was incorrect

thank you for your response and information

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Re: Ebay screwed me out of 931$ because they could not see the delivery address was incorrect

@tinsoldierunderground wrote:

This is a huge problem that ebay refuses to address... If anything attached to the tracking number is delivered anywhere in your zip code, ebay's automated bot system rules in favor of the seller.  The only way to deal with ebay in this regard, is to do a bunch of legwork.  You would need written conformation from the carrier/shipper that they didn't deliver to your address.  This is a common scam, you would also want written confirmation that the item wasn't addressed to you.  Then you'd need to present all this to CS.  It's a total PITA, but that's ebay.  I hope you'll get a better result with Amex. 

They need to start addressing this problem as it reflects VERY VERY POORLY ON THEIR REPUTATION. Once a buyer gets scammed like this likelihood they will NEVER come back here again. Do something ebay. Get some kind of system that can track the GPS location of the dropped off package, and assist buyers and sellers in submitting this info and anyone victim of this get the USPS to do a mail fraud case against these people.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

This is a huge problem that ebay refuses to address... If anything attached to the tracking number is delivered anywhere in your zip code, ebay's automated bot system rules in favor of the seller.  The only way to deal with ebay in this regard, is to do a bunch of legwork.  You would need written conformation from the carrier/shipper that they didn't deliver to your address.  This is a common scam, you would also want written confirmation that the item wasn't addressed to you.  Then you'd need to present all this to CS.  It's a total PITA, but that's ebay.  I hope you'll get a better result with Amex. 

They need to start addressing this problem as it reflects VERY VERY POORLY ON THEIR REPUTATION. Once a buyer gets scammed like this likelihood they will NEVER come back here again. Do something ebay. Get some kind of system that can track the GPS location of the dropped off package, and assist buyers and sellers in submitting this info and anyone victim of this get the USPS to do a mail fraud case against these people.

ALL carriers use a GPS device that is in their database that shows where these packages were dropped off at the final scan.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

ALL carriers use a GPS device that is in their database that shows where these packages were dropped off at the final scan.

AND how often do you think this kind of scam would be done on Amazon, Walmart etc. Third party sites are a problem with this because of the type of sellers.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Until ebay can get a handle on these types of situation. The route that is less labor intensive is to file a chargeback with item not as described, not not received. The more laborious route is to get USPS to get the final destination GPS scan where the package ended up. This can be done by asking the postmaster to give you these details. I certainly hate to read these cases on here and this is going to continue to be a PROBLEM. But, as a buyer who has been scammed via blatant MAIL Fraud you ought to file a mail fraud case while you are at it as this might WAKE UP these  stupid people from doing this stuff because this is absolutely qualified for  mail fraud case with USPS. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply