cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item vanished on GLENDALE HEIGHTS 2024-02-14

Hello,

I bought an old laptop on 2024-02-09. It is an intarnational sale from IL, USA to Finland. It got stuck in "consolidation center" in GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL, 60139, USA, United States. Last scan is 2024-02-14 with remark "Arrived at Consolidation Center. Shipment is being processed". Now, over 2 months later, my item still has not arrived.

I placed INR claim but I have no idea what I should do? The seller posted shipment details, but what next? Ebay has been very unhelpful. They even say money back guarantee is not valid for some reason. I'm not interested about the money, I want the item and I want them to check what is going on in Glendale Heights.

Have any of you have recent trouble with Glendale Heights and/or Easyship? I don't want to buy more via Ebay until this issue is resolved.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Item vanished on GLENDALE HEIGHTS 2024-02-14

@stevescho wrote:

Aw, come on, marnotom!, stop with the lithium battery theory already. That would mean not a single one of a million+ laptops in Finland got there by air shipping... they're just piling up at hub centers. This is a common item, frequently resold. 

It’s not a theory, it’s a hypothesis.  And, yes, Finland has loads of laptops with Li-ion batteries in them.  But those weren’t handled by eBay International Shipping, were they?

There are many threads on the Canadian eBay discussion boards about electronic items that have gone unforwarded from the eIS hub to Canada.  Here’s a link to one of the earliest ones:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/eBay-International-shipping-won-t-send-my-item-because-th...

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

My first reply already agreed with eIS shipping issues, it's just that it isn't associated with installed lithium batteries...nor are there any shipping restrictions of such under 100 watt hours 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@stevescho wrote:

My first reply already agreed with eIS shipping issues, it's just that it isn't associated with installed lithium batteries...nor are there any shipping restrictions of such under 100 watt hours 

eIS could prohibit the shipment of coloured pencils if it wanted to, even if there's no international trade restriction on them.  Likewise, eIS may be erring on the side of caution when it comes to its handling of items with Li-ion batteries or may be running into issues with their insurer, for whatever reason.  Or it may be employee error.  My point is that there may not necessarily be malfeasance or carelessness at play here.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

If they decided that shipping that item was against policy in February would you not consider it negligent or at least careless that they still haven't refunded the buyer by the end of April?  

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If they decided that shipping that item was against policy in February would you not consider it negligent or at least careless that they still haven't refunded the buyer by the end of April?  

I get the impression that the only way for a refund to get triggered in these instances without the buyer getting involved is if it's noted in the tracking that the item was undeliverable, as you suggested in an earlier post.  Otherwise, the system or anybody working it doesn't "know" that a refund is due.

Whether these "events" aren't getting posted to the tracking due to carelessness, negligence, or a technical glitch is anyone's guess at this point.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Alright, it seems Ebay stepped in and refunded me. I hope they did not collect the money from the seller because he did nothing wrong. Still wondering what the hell happened in Glendale...

I just ordered "new" laptops, lets see how it goes.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply