cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking

I made a purchase 2/24. I have not received a tracking number and also my purchase has not arrived yet? The seller isn’t answering my messages. I don’t know if they are on vacation or what? What should I do? I really want this item.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Tracking

There are a number of reasons tracking wouldn't show.  But your purchase is covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. You need to go to your purchase history and find the last estimated delivery. On the day after that date select 'I didn't receive it' under More actions to open a case.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@kittty1971 

What is the expect delivery windows listed in your purchases dashboard?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

March 4th. How long should I wait to open a case?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You mentioned that there's no evidence that they have mailed your purchase, like no tracking.

You CAN open an INR case today, or you can give it a few more days, making sure you don't go past 30 days.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@kittty1971,

You have from the day after the last estimated delivery date up to 30 days from that date, to file an INR dispute, to get a refund. if March 4 was the last estimated date, you can file today the 5th.

If you really want the item and not a refund, you may want to check the seller's feedback profile page. You can do that by opening the listing from your purchase history, scroll down the page to a little below where you see the seller's username in a large font and a few comments, and click on the See all Feedback oval. 

On the page that opens you want to click on the Received as a seller tab, to see if the seller has any feedback for selling or if they have received any in the last 12 months. If you seller doesn't have any feedback for selling at least in the last year, most likely they have not shipped or are not responding to your messages because they have run into the 21 day hold ebay places on all new or returning sellers first few payments, and they do not know how to deal with it, because many new/returning sellers do not know about the hold.

On their account your payment status is showing Pending, so they do not think they've received the funds yet, and they may be taking your messages as an attempt to scam them some how. If you find they are a new/returning seller, try messaging them again.  Tell them if they have not shipped your item because of the Pending payment, to do a Google search for "Payments on hold - ebay".  If they do that they will get the info needed to complete the transaction, and get the funds released sooner.

FYI.  if you were to list something today buyers would see you have (85) feedback and a 100% rating, but on your profile there would be none for selling. That is just one reason why you should check the feedback profile of each seller you intend to buy from before bidding on or buying their items.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 6
latest reply