cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant we block bad sellers ?

Sellers can block buyers they don't want to deal with, why can't buyers block sellers who they don't want future dealings with?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Why cant we block bad sellers ?

several with a delivery date a month or more out from purchase as a delivery date yet when that date arrives the tracking shows a tracking number is provided however they haven't even turned the items over to the shipping company.

That's an Item Not Received dispute on last estimated delivery date plus one second.

gotten ebay to refund from a couple because the seller wouldn't respond to me

It would be polite to notify the seller that the item is late. No discussion is needed after that. If they respond, take it from there. No response? Dispute under the Money Back Guarantee. .

feedback scores the seller has a rating in the 98% or higher,

That's not an A+, 98% is quite poor.

If the seller has a lot of sales, they could also have a lot of negs without dropping below 100% FB rating.

Because: ratios.

With 100 sales , 5 negs is 95%.

With 100,000 sales, 500 negs is 100%. Because there are 99,500 happy customers.

Stick with 99% or higher. And if you are not sure read the negative and neutral FB for patterns like slow delivery or poor quality.

Some buyers cannot be satisfied, so there is that.

when ebay steps in on these issues as a buyer your blocked from leaving any feedback

Yes.

You can leave feedback or Dispute the transaction.
Not both.

Especially if you are using mail order for your business, it is vitally important that you take time to read the feedback and pay attention to estimated arrival dates. It is also probably worthwhile to upgrade to a faster shipping service if the seller offers one, and to ask about purchasing an upgraded service if they don't.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

when ebay steps in on these issues as a buyer your blocked from leaving any feedback

Yes.

You can leave feedback or Dispute the transaction.
Not both.

Not entirely correct. Only if a case is found in the seller's favor can feedback not be left. If the buyer prevails they absolutely can leave feedback.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Whom is it that says you can’t block a bad and atrociously nasty seller? Of course you can. With incredible ease actually! It’s a piece of cake… do not give them your money, ever. Boom, blocked for life baby and guess who won? You did!

This bizarre question makes absolutely no sense. There’s many a seller that I’ve had a run in with over the years that wasn’t the most professional, or nice. Occasionally I’ll come across one of their ads. After scrolling down to reread their continually growing, horrible feedback, I’m reminded of how I’ve blocked them for life, in my mind. The overwhelming satisfaction that I fell from that is far greater than what any silly eBay seller blocking button could ever deliver in a million years. Boom, I won!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply