cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming Attractions ~ February 1st to February 7th

Welcome to Coming Attractions! Give us a preview of what you're going to list but haven't listed yet. 3 pictures per post and keep them on the smaller side. We look forward to seeing what you'll be selling!

coming-attractions3.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Coming Attractions ~ February 1st to February 7th

Going up later today or tomorrow...

Sterling Heart Pendant NecklaceSterling Heart Pendant Necklace14k with Red Spinel14k with Red SpinelSmall Black Hills Silver and Gold EarringsSmall Black Hills Silver and Gold Earrings

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

'Tis the season for hearts! They look great! 

I've got a stunning pair 14K diamond earrings going up tonight, as well as an assortment of enameled flower lots... I just can't wait for spring!

14K 2 Carat total weight Diamond Earrings14K 2 Carat total weight Diamond Earrings

2.jpg

1.jpg

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Christine, I imagine your beautiful diamond earrings will sell well above ebay's threshold for the Authenticity Guarantee program.  I sold a gold chain last month that went through the program, and a week after it shipped I received a terse message from the buyer asking why his necklace was in California and he was in Florida?  I'm only giving you a heads up because this program can be a headache for the seller and buyer.  You might want to include a line or two in your listing about the program so the buyer isn't blindsided if the earrings take a while to arrive.

I really like your flower power lots!  Very Springy!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Lovely hearts, Marie!   Perfect for Valentines day!  

Those earrings are gawjus, Christine!  

Thanks for the heads up on the Authenticity Guarantee Program, dream Doubt I`ll ever need it..but ya never know!  LOL  

And thanks also for stepping in here for Dana! 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Have not listed anything new lately so listing these today.  set of 2 bug broochesset of 2 bug brooches

butterfly neclace & earringsbutterfly neclace & earrings

lot of plastic necklaceslot of plastic necklaces

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Everything is looking so good.  I’m ready for spring…lol

🌸🦋🌼

Harley Davidson,  sterling silver necklace,  18 inch

Harley Davidson 18 inchHarley Davidson 18 inch

Signed Italy .925Signed Italy .925

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up on the authenticity program. I have never had to do anything like that before. I looked into the program, and I wouldn't mind using it... seems like good protection for buyers and sellers alike. It also said stuff about there being an icon on eligible items, and I'm not seeing that on mine since it hasn't gone over the $500 threshold for the program. I wonder if it does it on auctions after they get that high? 

I may just wait and see how the auction goes and then once finished if eBay tells me it needs to get authenticated first, let the buyer know and see if they are ok with it taking a bit longer to get to them. I would hate to mention it and then have a buyer bid depending on it going through the authenticity, and then it turns out they won't make it happen on the auction. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Once an auction hits the $500 threshold, it's automatically opted in to the program.  Same with BIN's starting at over $500.  I don't think there's a way to voluntarily opt in. I agree it's a good program for buyers and sellers if all goes well, but there are some issues such as sending it to a middleman and trusting the P.O. to get it from you to the appraiser, then to the buyer. There's no guarantee that the buyer won't return it if they don't like it or for any other reasons. They do re-package it in a nice box with a certificate.

I had a friend send a ring that she had appraised by a local jeweler and ebay disagreed with the appraisal and sent it back.  Another time she shipped a marked and tested 14k ring and ebay returned it saying it was only 13.6 kt! She lost 2 sales through the program, but those are hopefully a minority of  horror stories.  My gold necklace passed and my buyer was happy when he eventually received it.

I like your idea of waiting until the auction's end to give the buyer a heads up that it will go through the program. Personally, there are too many minefields for me and I've sent my higher end stuff to an auctioneer friend who runs online jewelry auctions. I wonder how other sellers feel about the program and what type of experiences they had with it?

Finally, I have to ask, what's in it for ebay since they seem to be doing this at their expense? Does it cut down on disputes and returns? Does it draw more fine jewelry buyers? I think I'll do some digging and try to find more feedback on the program.  Good luck with your earrings!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hi Dream--

Good information to know. I am wondering if it is just for fine jewelry or if high end costume, like some of the named maker stuff that sells for very high dollars  has to go through that process too??

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I don't think so, hertz. I think it goes by category (fine - fashion). I've had a few costume jewelry listings up for over $500 and they were not opted in. Can you imagine ebay trying to appraise vintage costume jewelry? I don't think they'd touch it with a 10 foot pole, but you never know 😆.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply