cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced percentages on making offers to buyers - what is this crap?

I went to go make offers on viable items tonight as I usually do, but the app is now forcing me to do percentages off instead of round dollar amounts. So if for example I have an item listed for $9 and I want to do an offer of $7, I legitimately *can’t* anymore, as I can only do like 22% to get to $6.93 or something. This just feels like a really annoying change that makes it harder to make offers the way I usually do; is there some way around this seemingly forced system?

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Forced percentages on making offers to buyers - what is this crap?

@thirdhandtreasures 

We just got word from elizabeth@ebay  on another discussion thread:

"It is confirmed that this was a bug on the latest update and this will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for your patience."

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

I don’t get the choice to put a set amount, just a percentage which is too much trouble. I go through every listing weekly and send offers. At first I could still do it on my iPhone,  but starting today I can’t.  I hate this crap. 

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Mine looks nothing like this.   We should have the ability to put it back to a dollar amount, especially on the app.   I refuse to use the app until they change it.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Me too.  I am elderly and use to the old way. I am not really good with percentages so scared I might send wrong thing. I guess no more sending offers.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

I am having the same issue

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

The problem with the change is the send offer above the listing is gone. So you have to click on the box and the only option is a %.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

The offer always had to be a certain % off. As an example if you have an item for $19.95 the offer had to be at least as low as $18.95. If you tried to offer $19.50 it would promp you to make this offer you you will need to offer $18.95 or less. Now it is just a raw %. Very hard to work with.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

I got this update a few days ago and it turned something I look forward to and find super exciting to something that is a chore and pain. I always have an exact price I have in mind and now it only gives me by a percent. I want to do it individually not 10 at a time and I find when I do one at a time it's like 8 more steps since I didn't take enough percent off when I go to review and have to go back 5 times to find the exact percent I need

IMG_9437.png

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I'm having the same issue.  Annoying!!!!

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

How would I get to this screen on my iPhone app? 

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Oh how I agree with you! EBay has been “fixing” their site for years, to the annoyance of many sellers. I too have been irritated by this latest “improvement” regarding percentages and will now have to spend time searching for a workaround, if such a thing exists. Instead of send offers I may just revise the listing and drop the price… all of this business is time-consuming.

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Update the eBay app fixed mine

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

OMG I cannot agree more. So infuriating!! Like we have no control anymore. They are nickel and dime-ing us to death anyways. Also we are forced to the promotions every single sent offer. I sent offers daily & it was easy and now it’s a lot of work. Going back and forth being forced to the promotions each time I send an offer. Finally, I really hate having to round up it’s not right at all we have no control yet they take more and

more. I feel like this is not even legal.  Yes at this point every cent counts!!!’
I was  looking into moving over to other platforms. 
it looks like they just made the update BUT after I sent my **bleep** offers in percentage. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

This just started this week for me. Did anyone find a way to fix it - there are no drop down or settings to change. Using iPhone app. 
So frustrating- thanks. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply