cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer bid a very high price and cancelled it, what can I do?

I want to report the buyer but I get the message

A cancellation already exists
You cannot cancel this order because a cancellation exists on this order.You cannot cancel this order because a cancellation exists on this order.

What are my possible options?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Buyer bid a very high price and cancelled it, what can I do?

@99poppy wrote:

This is the situation I am facing, so guess will have to let the item remain there as now I cant also find a way to cancel it.

I don't think there's anything you can do but wait to see if the buyer pays or let it time out.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Buyer bid a very high price and cancelled it, what can I do?

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@99poppy wrote:

Thank you @mtgraves7984 

I have not been paid for the item, and I cannot cancel for non-payment

@99poppy 

You'll be able to cancel for non-payment when (at least) 96 hours and one second have passed. That is the one move you can make that will help the most sellers at once. Don't send an invoice... just cancel. Good luck.

Can they still cancel for nonpayment after they have already denied the buyers cancellation request?

Good question. I believe the answer is no, depending on the timing when the buyer made the request.

I recall that an eBay employee/Blue has confirmed this. If a seller has denied the buyer's cancellation request, which was made within the first hour according to eBay's policy, then the seller cannot later cancel the transaction for nonpayment. The seller will have to choose another reason.

This consequence of denying a buyer's first-hour cancellation request is not clearly explained in the eBay policy, so we have to go by what the Blue said.

I don't think it is ever a good idea to deny a buyer's cancellation request that was made within the first hour after the sale. The only valid reason for denying the request would be if the item has already been shipped and is out of the seller's control. That is rarely going to be the case, even if a shipping label has already been printed, unless the package has already been given to the post office or courier.

But from what eBay tells buyers, the only reason for a seller not to cancel would be if the item has already been shipped:  "If you need to cancel an order, let the seller know as quickly as possible. If the seller has already shipped your order, they won't be able to cancel it."

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/buyers-can-cancel-order/buyers-can-cancel-order?id=4004

Message 17 of 17
latest reply