cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay listing tool is down

Second day of not being able to list anything. When I attempt list an item live , it remains in the drafts and when I click back on it I get the “this is embarrassing, the listing tool is down, try again later”

I’ve had two online chats and phoned them only to be told there’s an issue and try later?? Not good enough, two days of not listing before the Easter break is money down the drain! Infuriating!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hello, sorry to hear you are having issues!

I would like to see if we can clarify the problem a bit as the listing tool seems to work fine.  To start with, what are you using to do your eBay listings?  Phone, tablet, computer?

If on a phone or tablet, are you using a browser or the eBay app?  If on a computer, what browser are you using?

Typically, there are a few things that can cause issues with the website methods to list items, so if you are using a browser, my first suggestions are going to be:

• Making sure that any ad or pop up blockers be temporarily turned off.
  • You may need to fully log out of eBay and log back in.
  • You can force a browser refresh.  For most browsers this is done with a key combination while on the page you are having an issue with:  CTRL-SHIFT-R
  • You can try different browsers.  There are 4 good choices to pick from, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.  If on a Mac there is Safari of course.
  • On mobile devices you can also try different browsers, but you might have to install them first.
  • I notice that sometimes trying to list things using the app is problematic, I tend to prefer using a PC and a web browser for better results.

Let me know if any of this helps or if you can provide any details, what you are using, what you have tried already!

Thanks,

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

• I was listing on a desktop in Chrome.
  • Used the listing tool to successfully create and list an item start to finish. Tried opening one of 22 drafts I created in the last 24 hours, and get the listing tool down/try again later message.
  • Tried the app on iPhone, and I get “No response from server. Error: 111 Try again”  
  • Tried resuming a draft on iPad in Safari browser. Same “This is embarrassing…” message
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Mine too!!! It is going to be almost 48 hrs. I called yesterday and looks that it was reported.

I also send a 1 star feedback.

I tried several times in the day to list my items that are now in the drafts page. I tried listing 

these drafts on my cell phone and nothing.

Yes, it is embarrassing as the message is posted after I hit on the listing window.

It is not your browser, nor you but eBay. I will try to call again and see what is going on.

It is frustrating I know but I always think that it could be worst if I have a brick and mortar

store, with not customer traffic, rent and expenses to pay. I use this down time to do other

things for my store, check or review my items (Shhh... old items worth of higher prices), take

new pictures, rearrange my future listings, and have a break which I deserve having and ahhhh...

remember that YOU are your own Boss. HAHAHA and that is PRICELESS 😂🤣

**I've just called again and this "Hiccup" is being resolved asap, no time frame but they 

are working on it.

As you see it is not you but the website

Have a brake everyone and have the luxury to watch TV while you are working on something

else, whatever you want. I am celebrating 10 Years of🥂🍾 not having a clueless, ignorant and B____boss !!!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's not working from my phone nor laptop.   Using Chrome on laptop.   Have rebooted and have logged out and back in.  Still can't list. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Those are ChatGPT Bot responses above.  This is infuriating.  It is still not working for me either.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I also posted this reply on another thread “Do you have problems finishing your drafts?…” with the workaround that I used to get these drafts listed. Here’s what I did:

Adding my workaround details to yours in hopes of helping others save time:

• First of all, I’m finding that I can Resume draft on any of my drafts that I have done Save for later on
  • Any draft that I’ve attempted to list by selecting List it from a draft doesn’t actually get listed but stays in the Drafts list. These drafts seem to be corrupted, as now they cannot be opened by selecting Resume draft (this is when I get the ‘This is embarrassing..’ error on desktop using Chrome or the ‘No response from server Error:111’ on iOS app
  • My workaround that I used on 23 drafts this morning (03/28/24) is to Resume draft and Save for later, THEN make one copy of that saved draft, Resume draft on the COPY (updating the promoted listing %, which seems to be the only data that doesn’t persist in the copy) and List it from the copy
  • NOTE: DO NOT Save for later the copy before listing, or it too will become corrupt and you’ll get the error message

I figured this workaround out when I noticed that the listing tool still seemed to work on listings I did from start to finish and listed without saving for later. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes, this worked!  Thank you!  ps are your new drafts becoming corrupted as well?  I have a batch of 50 drafts to build today.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply