cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Changed UPS destination Address now package is being held

Hi

The seller and I agreed I should return an item that was damaged in shipment.  He immediately refunded me the sale price.   I felt he should pay for the return but after a number of exchanges I just decided to pay myself, not worth an argument.

He used UPS to ship.  On the package was his return address.  I created a UPS label to that address and shipped it.

During the transportation time he got into UPS and changed the destination to a UPS Access Point.  When UPS attempted to deliver to that Access Point it was unavailable (my guess is closed).  In the tracking details it shows the following:

The UPS Access Point™ selected as part of your delivery change request is unavailable at this time. Please select an alternate location for delivery.
Fort Wayne, IN, United States

This was on 1/24, he has not provided an alternate delivery location, I checked with UPS today 1/26.  I have tried contacting him but no response. 

UPS holds 5 days then returns to sender, I do not want it back. It cost me $25 already to ship it.  I am also not willing to spend yet another $5.99 to reroute it myself.

How can I get eBay involved to resolve this?  or ??

Regards,

Bob

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller Changed UPS destination Address now package is being held

If you were already refunded none of this is really your problem anymore.

If refund is given before item is returned then the seller shouldn't be expecting the item back.

There are multiple warnings that you only refund early if you don't care to receive the item.

If you got refunded already, and shipped on your dime, just forget about what happens. Refunds can't be reversed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It's a little late for Ebay to help.

You could have filed an INAD and the seller would pay to return it and you would have got a full refund.

If there is no return started, there's nothing for Ebay to do.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi

just to clarify, I did start a return.  He accepted the return.  I have all the eBay msg's showing it.  E bay message indicating refund was issued.  The only debate he and I had was who pays for the return, and as I said it was not worth the argument.

Since I did all the normal return sequence how do I get eBay reengaged since they think all is well since he  issued the refund.

Or any suggestions on how to get this guy accept is own merchandise?

Bob

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you were already refunded none of this is really your problem anymore.

If refund is given before item is returned then the seller shouldn't be expecting the item back.

There are multiple warnings that you only refund early if you don't care to receive the item.

If you got refunded already, and shipped on your dime, just forget about what happens. Refunds can't be reversed.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@piedgn wrote:

Hi

just to clarify, I did start a return.  He accepted the return.  I have all the eBay msg's showing it.  E bay message indicating refund was issued.  The only debate he and I had was who pays for the return, and as I said it was not worth the argument.

if the seller did not ask you to return the item, then you don't need to return it. You can keep it.

The seller doesn't want to get the item back, and they don't want to pay for the return. Just don't send it back. You don't have to. Donate it to charity. Put it in the trash. Your choice.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi

Thanks for all the input.

He did request his merchandise back via eBay communications.:

Hello,
I issued a refund. Please return the items to me.
Under terms of sale, buyer pays return shipping.
Thanks, XXXX

After several exchanges about who should pay for the return, he sent the following and I decided it was not worth the debate so sent it back on my dime.

Let’s see. You have my property. You have $xxxxx, that I sent you.
I am playing a waiting game, controlled by you. Who is taking advantage of who?

**********************************************************************************

My plan is to just let it play out and if he does not pick it up  and it gets returned to me I will put it on a shelf and if he wants and he can send a shipping label.

Bob

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

If the return reason was Item not as described that includes defect or any reason that is non remorse then actually he was responsible for return shipping. 

He knows that and made ebay happy by issuing a refund. 

Now he's most likely trying to see if he can get gullible buyers to pay for something he didn't want to. 

He knows very well buyers arent obligated to return after refund. 

"Buyer pays is only for remorse reasons such as change mind.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dqdistribution wrote:

If the return reason was Item not as described that includes defect or any reason that is non remorse then actually he was responsible for return shipping. 

He knows that and made ebay happy by issuing a refund. 

Now he's most likely trying to see if he can get gullible buyers to pay for something he didn't want to. 

He knows very well buyers arent obligated to return after refund. 

"Buyer pays is only for remorse reasons such as change mind.

As I mentioned in first msg the item was damaged.   I have to admit that even though I have been buying for many years I was unaware that I was not obligated to return the item.  Learn something new everyday.  I have always tried to be fair, my wife (an avid e Bayer) had a very different view of how I should have handled this - ignore the guy after I got the refund.

Bob

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Visit the eBay Resolution Center and open a case regarding the returned item. Explain the situation, including the changed delivery destination by the seller and the unsuccessful delivery attempt. eBay customer support can guide you on the next steps.
Upload any relevant documentation, such as screenshots of the tracking details showing the changed delivery destination and the unsuccessful delivery attempt. This documentation can help eBay understand the situation.
In the case details, request eBay's assistance in resolving the issue. Clearly state that you do not want the item back, and the seller has not provided an alternate delivery location.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You can't open a case and there is no reason to.

Buyer has already received refund and that settles all matters on ebays side. 

The buyer is just doing extra out of their pocket at this point.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: