cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

so do i read this right no more suspensions or purges? so if someone messes up all they have to do is correct the problem and the listings become visible again? does this include veros? are there any cases that will be suspended?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

and does this include duplicate listings?............i.e. will there be warnings before suspensions, etc.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@forgottenape wrote:

so do i read this right no more suspensions or purges? so if someone messes up all they have to do is correct the problem and the listings become visible again? does this include veros? are there any cases that will be suspended?

@forgottenape and @dhbookds 

There are still limited situations where we may suspend an account, such as when a seller registers with a false identity. However, sellers who are selling in good faith do not need to worry about being suspended.

When a VeRO member reports an item as infringing, it will still be removed to protect the seller, buyer and eBay.  If a seller continues to list these products after they’re removed by the VeRO member, instead of suspending the seller will hide all of the seller’s listings for a temporary period.  During this time, the seller will be able to review their listings for any other products that are infringing and remove them proactively.

The new seller-friendly policy approach applies to all eBay policies, including Duplicate Listings enforcement.  If a seller continues to list duplicate items after being warned to stop, then all of their listings would be hidden.  During this time, the seller will be able to review and edit their listings to ensure they don’t have any duplicate listings.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@forgottenapeand @dhbookds 

There are still limited situations where we may suspend an account, such as when a seller registers with a false identity. However, sellers who are selling in good faith do not need to worry about being suspended.

When a VeRO member reports an item as infringing, it will still be removed to protect the seller, buyer and eBay.  If a seller continues to list these products after they’re removed by the VeRO member, instead of suspending the seller will hide all of the seller’s listings for a temporary period.  During this time, the seller will be able to review their listings for any other products that are infringing and remove them proactively.

The new seller-friendly policy approach applies to all eBay policies, including Duplicate Listings enforcement.  If a seller continues to list duplicate items after being warned to stop, then all of their listings would be hidden.  During this time, the seller will be able to review and edit their listings to ensure they don’t have any duplicate listings.

@mtnbkr96 

Is there a timeframe attached to this, or any sanctions if the seller does NOT comply or is a repeat offender?

For example … if a seller does not clean up their act in 60 days, will the "hide" become "end and suspend"?

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

thats a huge step up from the purges in years past when everyone who sells walked on egg shells. is there  a specific timeline for when sellers are hidden? how long does it take after the correct actions are taken that the items become visible again or is it case dependent?

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

What will the financial penalties be for these violations? Fee increase?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

There is no financial penalty.  We are working to partner with you.  We understand our policies are numerous can be complex.  We will notify you, without penalty, if there is an issue with policy.  If you continue to have an issue, we will hide your listings and give you a chance to comply.  This way when you comply with the policy, your listings can come back with you having to relist.  you will retain your search placement and sales history. 

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

There is no financial penalty.  We are working to partner with you.  We understand our policies are numerous can be complex.  We will notify you, without penalty, if there is an issue with policy.  If you continue to have an issue, we will hide your listings and give you a chance to comply.  This way when you comply with the policy, your listings can come back with you having to relist.  you will retain your search placement and sales history. 

If this is really true it's very good news and a VERY long time coming. Be interesting to see how it plays out. Thanks much for info.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

@mtnbkr96 

I'm sorry if I missed the answer to my earlier question …

Is there a timeframe attached to this, or any sanctions if the seller does NOT comply or is a repeat offender?

For example … if a seller does not clean up their act in 60 days, will the "hide" become "end and suspend"?

As a responder on the help forums, I would like to be able to give definitive answers to questions from sellers that have their listings hidden … there will be questions, I am sure, once this goes into effect.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

Well except to hide a seller's listings for any period of time can and would have a financial impact on a seller.  The depth of that impact would depend on how long they are hidden.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

This makes good business sense.  eBay encourages "Trading Partners", (eBay's term for Buyers and Sellers) in a transaction to try and "work things out" before taking action like leaving less then positive Feedback, Partial Refunds, etc.  So likewise, to me, this means eBay is willing to work with Sellers to take corrective action on an issue that is perhaps an honest mistake or ignorance of an obscure Policy... it allows for learning.

eBay makes it very easy for Sellers to get signed up to sell and many I am sure have not taken the time, nor know there are many places to read Policy on many, many subjects on the venue.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

@mtnbkr96 

As a responder on the help forums, I would like to be able to give definitive answers to questions from sellers that have their listings hidden … there will be questions, I am sure, once this goes into effect.

@penguins_dont_fly 

Let me provide a little more detail.  

When a seller has an issue with a policy, we will notify them of the policy and what they should do to comply with the policy.  There is no penalty when a seller is notified of a policy issue.

If the policy issue continues, the seller's listings will be hidden for 3 days.  This will give them an opportunity to correct the issue.  

If after their listings are unhidden, there continues to be an issue, their listings will be hidden for 7 days.

If after their listings are unhidden, there continues to be an issue, their listings will be hidden for 10 days.

We will continue to work with the seller to help them understand and comply with the policy, even if we need to keep hiding their listings while they make adjustments to their business.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

@mtnbkr96 

@penguins_dont_fly 

When a seller has an issue with a policy, we will notify them of the policy and what they should do to comply with the policy.  There is no penalty when a seller is notified of a policy issue.

If the policy issue continues, the seller's listings will be hidden for 3 days.  This will give them an opportunity to correct the issue.  

If after their listings are unhidden, there continues to be an issue, their listings will be hidden for 7 days.

If after their listings are unhidden, there continues to be an issue, their listings will be hidden for 10 days.

We will continue to work with the seller to help them understand and comply with the policy, even if we need to keep hiding their listings while they make adjustments to their business.

That sounds like a great plan to me.  Sometimes we don't mean to breach a rule or we have interpreted it differently than Ebay has intended.  This looks very reasonably to me.  Thank you for the details.

One more thing.  Would you please provide a link to this policy so we can all bookmark it for future reference.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

@mtnbkr96 

@penguins_dont_fly 

@mtnbkr96 

Does that mean that the seller's listings will be "unhidden" after 3 days (7 days, 10 days) automatically, even if they don't correct their listings? And how long will the listings stay live if/when they get "unhidden" without corrections?

How long can a seller get away with policy violations before they get the "big stick" of suspension? Or are policy violators just going to be able to ride out "hidden" listings forever?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

NO MORE SUSPENSIONS

@mam98031 wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@mtnbkr96 wrote:

@forgottenape wrote:

@gramophone-georg 

@mtnbkr96 

@penguins_dont_fly 

That sounds like a great plan to me.  Sometimes we don't mean to breach a rule or we have interpreted it differently than Ebay has intended.  This looks very reasonably to me.  Thank you for the details.

One more thing.  Would you please provide a link to this policy so we can all bookmark it for future reference.

@mam98031 

There isn't just one policy link, this is a new enforcement measure and will be applicable to all policies.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply