cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bulk Upload CSV Error - Error - Variation Specifics provided does not match with the variation

I am trying to create and upload eBay excel file, getting multiple errors and dont know whats going on errors are as follows:

Error - Variation Specifics provided does not match with the variation specifics of the variations on the item.||Error - Missing name in the variation specifics or variation specifics set.|

I have T-shirt template, I will post excel below: what am I doing wrong, also another issue I cant generate template for T-shirts category its not listed on eBay so I chose Sweater instead and probably will update in bulk once listed. 

AddMEN-FP-DesignName/Clothing, Shoes & Accessories/Men/Men's Clothing/SweatersMens Funny T-shirt Color=Black|Size:S;M;L;XL;2XL;3XL;4XL;5XL      https://i.imgur.com/JotWTQa.jpg|https://i.imgur.com/Ius0L3j.jpg1000-New with tagstest descriptionFixedPriceGTC 1salomebeshidze@yahoo.com1 Princeton,NJUSPSFirstClass01USPSPriority5.9921ReturnsAcceptedDays_30MoneyBackOrExchangeSeller     Silver Lake T-shirts Full ZipSweaterRegularBlackMenCottonCrew NeckFunny|halloweenBiden|trumpAll Seasons  United States  
 MEN-FP-DesignName-SML-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=S    18.99499                                             
 MEN-FP-DesignName-MED-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=M    18.99499                                             
 MEN-FP-DesignName-LRG-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=L    18.99499                                             
 MEN-FP-DesignName-XLG-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=XL    18.99499                                             
 MEN-FP-DesignName-2XL-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=2XL    19.99499                                             
 MEN-FP-DesignName-3XL-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=3XL    20.99499                                             
 MEN-FP-DesignName-4XL-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=4XL    21.99499                                             
 MEN-FP-DesignName-5XL-BLK Mens Funny T-shirtVariationColor=Black|Size=5XL    21.99499                                             

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay Bulk Upload CSV Error - Error - Variation Specifics provided does not match with the variat

Yes, thats the case, it does not show images in other browser or incognito, so solution would be to host images on other websites, what other alternative can I go with that will work with eBay? as for the image sizes, will eBay resize them when pulling from hosting website?

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: eBay Bulk Upload CSV Error - Error - Variation Specifics provided does not match with the variat

Some have had success with Google, and similar large cloud sharing services, as long as the folder is set to public, and as long as the correct direct URL is located (not the link that leads to a webpage view). Some sellers will set up a website for regular image uploading to eBay.

When images are transloaded from a website, eBay will resize the images as they are resaved to eBay's servers. However, hosting sites that are slow may have difficultly keeping up with eBay's hammering for pictures. If that happens, you will know the images should be downsized first so that the server can keep up delivery speeds to match eBay's requests. The handful that you are currently uploading should not be a problem.

By the way, if you get into large multi-variations, you may find this variation builder useful. It will create the master record and variation block for you. Also has a checkmark to open a PicURL editor.

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/VariationBuilder.htm

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Got it, thanks. I have Google Drive but its significantly slower providing image links from Drive, Imgur was fast but turns out wont work. I will find some alternative to it, so once I upload template with URLs from another website, all images will be saved on eBay servers right? in case that website is not working anymore, images wont become unavailable on my eBay listings I hope

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@silverlaketshirts 

Yes, if you successfully transload to eBay servers, the photos will  still be saved on eBay if your server photos go away.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Thank you very much! I absolutely appreciate your assistance and I would not be able to do it on my own. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

if I may ask one question, thats unrelated to this topic. I cant find workaround on this issue, I am selling variation listings mostly, and when one variation gets out of stock I have no way of knowing it, I periodically do bulk update on all of my inventory and set specific quantity on all of them, is there any way to automatically restock out of stock variations or get a warning or see list of listings with out of stock variations?

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

eBay does  not have a notification system for items going out of stock. If you are using the out-of-stock control on your listings, the empty quantities within variations can be viewed in Seller Hub by clicking the (x variations) under the item title in the Active Listings grid, but that is not very efficient.

Another option would be to weekly download the Price and Quantity template from Seller Hub > Reports > Uploads. That template can be uploaded again with the missing quantities refilled.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Thanks, so I guess I was doing it right way, periodically revising everything at once. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply