cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label: LOWER HALF Receipt section is Missing! NEED it for record keeping!!!

Clicked Print Label and it came up without the lower half receipt section...tried again, same thing. Called my sis who also sells in another town, same thing...NO RECEIPT! 

We need that for our records...BRING IT BACK!!!

Message 2 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: Shipping Label: LOWER HALF Receipt section is Missing! NEED it for record keeping!!!

Happened to me today too!  I keep all of mine as tax receipts too.  This morning it worked fine, this afternoon is when the problem began.  Absolutely nothing was changed on my end.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 61 of 75
latest reply

Re: Shipping Label: LOWER HALF Receipt section is Missing! NEED it for record keeping!!!

Thank God, I wasn't the only one who experienced this, this morning.

Message 62 of 75
latest reply

What is going on?

I need the darn information on the bottom half of the shipping label.

I sometimes print 20 of these things at one time and need to know WHO GETS WHAT?

Has somebody at Ebay lost their mind?

I don't need this aggravation.  I spent almost 30 minutes with Ebay tech support and they have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON.  They seem to think it is a problem with my browser's cache!

Ebay should not be making these capricious changes!

Message 63 of 75
latest reply

That is exactly what I used to do.

There is no option now for a PDF file!

Message 64 of 75
latest reply

@bauble-babes wrote:

Clicked Print Label and it came up without the lower half receipt section...tried again, same thing. Called my sis who also sells in another town, same thing...NO RECEIPT! 

We need that for our records...BRING IT BACK!!!

OK, calm down... it will be OK.

I had this happen to me a few minutes ago, and when I went to print my second label, I discovered QR Code was selected (eBay changed my default choice, looks like they did it to others here too). When I unchecked the QR code option and went by "print label", it printed the label with the bottom section as normal.

To grab that transaction you missed, just print the email with the financials. That's all I did for the one that printed with the QR setting selected. I wouldn't have noticed this because *I* didn't change the setting, eBay changed the setting and I had to figure out what they did differently to get it printed back the way I want.

So try this, and you should be back in business with both halves of the label.

C.

Message 65 of 75
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@tomjr1955 wrote:

Halfway down the page where you buy  the label are two boxes: One for the label and one for the QC code. Make sure the label box is highlighted and your problem will be solved!

They are not asking about a label vs QR code. They are asking about the receipt some sellers like to print with the label.

The setting is shown in my screenshots above and when I tested it earlier, the setting is still there for me. This is why I requested screenshots to see if something changed about the view/settings these sellers are accessing.

When the QR code option was selected, it gave me two options to "print label" or "print QR code". I selected "print label" and got the label, but not the receipt (for Ground Advantage).

Having the print label option selected instead of the QR code will make the label "print or download", and it will come with the receipt.

I just trouble shot this an hour ago when I went to do my labels for tomorrow's shipments.

C.

Message 66 of 75
latest reply

@bauble-babes wrote:

@inhawaii 

"You are given an option as to HOW you want the label/receipt to print out.

Perhaps you selected the wrong one?

Can't you just reprint the label?"

Thanks for your reply!

1) This is not just me - it's also happening to my sister. Neither of us has changed anything on the label page. We are seasoned sellers who've been here many years.

2) Tried Reprint MANY times (both of us) to no avail...the bottom half is always missing (as of 11-6).

You didn't change it, eBay revised their site and changed it for you.

C.

Message 67 of 75
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@bauble-babes wrote:

@inhawaii 

"You are given an option as to HOW you want the label/receipt to print out.

Perhaps you selected the wrong one?

Can't you just reprint the label?"

Thanks for your reply!

1) This is not just me - it's also happening to my sister. Neither of us has changed anything on the label page. We are seasoned sellers who've been here many years.

2) Tried Reprint MANY times (both of us) to no avail...the bottom half is always missing (as of 11-6).

OK I see what you mean.

No reprinting doesn't work. As soon as i saw my receipt missing I went to labels to try and reprint, and I could see no option to do anything different other than download a QR code or print the label, when I picked print the label, it printed only the label with no receipt.

Deselecting the QR code option and selecting print label instead fixed it.

C.

Message 68 of 75
latest reply

@sin-n-dex 

"I had this happen to me a few minutes ago, and when I went to print my second label, I discovered QR Code was selected (eBay changed my default choice, looks like they did it to others here too). When I unchecked the QR code option and went by "print label", it printed the label with the bottom section as normal."

Thanks for your reply!

As I mentioned before, I opened another label page via 'Purchase Another Label' to check the 'Shipping Label Format' and mine is correctly set to 'Printable Label,' so that's not an issue for me.

Message 69 of 75
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Did you not read? I did that and there is STILL nowhere to select to print the instructions/receipt portion.

Guess I'll be doing labels elsewhere again today (and maybe in future as well).

devon@ebay 

Can you tell us if this is yet another glitch or intentional?

Hey @toomuchstuffagain35! I just heard back from the shipping team and this is what they said:

"Thank you for the report, we are looking into this issue and will share an update as soon as it's available. We apologize for any inconvenience" 

Devon,
eBay
Message 70 of 75
latest reply

If a detailed record of a sale is all that it needed, after shipping the item the full record is at Seller Hub > Orders > Paid and Shipped > View Order Details > Print... Pretty simple if you only want a paper record. I do this for every sale, and keep it for 7 years in case the Feds want to see what I've been doing.

I also use Seller Ledger for detailed online bookkeeping, which automatically downloads each sale every 3 hours, automatically sorts it, and even populates a Schedule C Part 1 for me. Since I'm a sole proprietor, it gives me all I need, and I get to avoid all this spreadsheet stuff and a lot of clicks that only take up my valuable time.

Finally, I don't us eBay's clumsy labeling/shipping system at all. Haven't for the last 15 years due to its unreliability, constant glitches, restrictions, and changes. I use Stamps.com for reliability, consistency, and a real live understandable person at the other end of the 800 phone number, who has the authority to explain or get the problem solved pronto. There are other reliable and stable shipping services as well.  

Perhaps I'm missing something here with the OP's situation. If I am, please let me know.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 71 of 75
latest reply

Thank you.

It seems to be back on track again now.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 72 of 75
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Thank you.

It seems to be back on track again now.

@toomuchstuffagain35 Perfect and I did get confirmation from the Shipping team that it has been resolved as well!

Devon,
eBay
Message 73 of 75
latest reply

TO:

devon@ebay   &  @toomuchstuffagain35 & @wastingtime101   & Everyone else

THANK YOU for working together to get this issue RESOLVED!  Your efforts are much appreciated by all!!!

Message 74 of 75
latest reply

It will only work on a new label, not on one you have already purchased.  Check it first thing BEFORE you buy the label.

Message 75 of 75
latest reply