cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

I think this might be a great place to kinda land and connect with a some friends.

@coastaltechsolution 

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

@downunder-61 

Can you please invite some folks to come and post and bring some snacks?  I think I will just keep 2 screens open and coastal picked the name of this place - "dingy falls"........so when ya need a little respite, please let me know to "dingy" and I will dingy over!

Katz

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 8,712
latest reply
8,711 REPLIES 8,711

Re: Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

@silverstatetreasureboxes  none of that 92* for me, thank you. Barely climatized for the 60's that I got today.

Did get the grill repaired yesterday, so now if I had just taken some burger out of the freezer, I would be good to go. Going to go right to the freezer now to get some kielbasa. That can thaw in time. Be right back.

Back.

Did get the engine off the blower yesterday. Had thoughts of attempting to fix it. Has a seized bearing for the 2-stage thrower part. and also has wear here and there. Better just to let it go. Got stuff moved off to the side for whenever the guy shows up.

May put some parts from it on eBay. If they don't sell, they can always go in the next pile of scrap.

Walked up through the neighbors woods yesterday. Did not see the mallards. Maybe it was just a rest stop for them.

Speaking of woods. Today over at the northeast edge of my yard I spotted a yellow bloom. Back in 2005 when I added on a garage some dirt near the house had to be relocated. Among the dirt and rocks moved there were some daffodils.

This one is hiding there under the trees as a lone bloomer.  There are 3-4 more off just a bit, but no flowers on them. They should be relocated, but probably won't happen.

A few sweet peas will climb that trellis later on.

DSCF5142 (1024x764).jpg

DSCF5140 (1024x764).jpg

With the nice sunshine, the gutters went up on the house today. Gets harder to do that each year.

I should get out and snag those few parts that I want from the blower. Not sure if a new one is in my future. Before the next season I will have to get the spare one out and see if it is at all functional.

Remembered to get the fence out after "quiet hour". Cleared some clutter, and then reached over the rest with a 5-foot broom handle to get the 2 rolled up sections off the nails where they were hanging. Got those put out in the side yard.

Still undecided as to fence, rock, or block for the front flower bed. Had put out 3 little sections of fence, but then relocated them.

Mouse out for a crow treat today. Thinking it was the chicken bone thief.  Maybe, maybe not. I had put a stale froot loop on the trap, but the loop was gone, and the trap not sprung. It was very odd, as the trap is quite sensitive. Tough to even set. Have to be very gentle. I thought perhaps it was a small bug of sorts that got the loop. This time I tied it on. Not huge, but one of the largest little mice I have seen.

Also strange is that there was already a Victor pre-scented trap just inches away from that one. May be set to "firm".  Time to tie a froot loop to that one as well.

These under the apple tree were supposed to get relocated last year, but they are still where they were .

DSCF5145 (1024x764).jpg

DSCF5143 (1024x764).jpg

Message 8641 of 8,712
latest reply

Boy, it's been cold : in the 40's to 50's.

I did get the road garden weeded and there was piles of weeds from that garden.

The road garden has the purple, and white with purple wood violets.

DSC03213 (640x480).jpg

Some of the burgundy and yellow wood violets started to bloom.

DSC03215 (640x598).jpg

The grape hyacinths are getting prettier with the hot pink creeping phlox that started to bloom more.

DSC03205 (640x553).jpg

The back corner garden has the some grape hyacinth with lavender and hot pink creeping phlox.

DSC03207 (640x480).jpg

I have a pair of killdeer birds that decided to nest in the corner of the yard.

I have never seen their nest until now. They just find a divot and plop their eggs there.

We you are getting close to the nest, they will walk away from the nest in different directions and play injured to keep predators away from the nest.

DSC03208 (640x574).jpg

This is one of the killdeers ( they have red eyes ) and straight across to the left side are 3 greenish speckled eggs.

I was hoping to go down to the farm to clear brush and it's only 35*. Brrrrrrr

Message 8642 of 8,712
latest reply

Cool here today as well. When I go outside.........  rain drops keep falling on my head. No big deal. It is road trip today.............  if I can wake the domestic goddess up in time to make the appointment that she does not want to go to.

One crow treat today. Not from the froot loop trap. The loop was gone. Trap not sprung. Again, this is the trap that is very touchy. Not sure how the theft is happening. Today I will tie the loop down more securely. Not just double knotted but will drill a hole to thread the string. Could glue it on, but that glue odor may be a deterrent.  Need to attract, not deter.

Message 8643 of 8,712
latest reply

@katzrul15 , @policequilts , @mr_lincoln ,  @silverstatetreasureboxes ...........................

OK, where did the posts go?

Sudden drop in #'s, and  the one before me is  1473................ mine at 12:30 is 1454 of 1455.

When I tried to post it minutes before that I got "access denied"  like the thread did not exist.

Are we being purged?

(now I'm 1307)  STOP 

(now 1287) (1265)(1251)(1227)

Soon all will be lost.........

Post (8600) is now 1141

They keep hitting the flush handle. We are swirling into the abysses....................... 

Down under 1000............. goodbye cruel world..................

Message 8644 of 8,712
latest reply

Jack

I just saw your message....

No idea what is happening -not me, etc.  I started the thread, but have not/would not ask e-bay to modify this thread.

Did someone who regularly posts delete all their posts??

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 8645 of 8,712
latest reply

@katzrul15  guess we are being purged. 

Not sure where it will stop.

I had my sights set on post # 10,000

Message 8646 of 8,712
latest reply

I just noticed that it went from 3/23/2023 to 4/24/24.  What's going on?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8647 of 8,712
latest reply

No idea.

Jack is right -we were close to 10k.

Glad I got an email message.  

Looks like so much is gone now.  I have been MIA dealing with health issues.  Sad day.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 8648 of 8,712
latest reply

@katzrul15 What message did you get? It's weird because it is recent stuff that has been removed.

Message 8649 of 8,712
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

I just noticed that it went from 3/23/2023 to 4/24/24.  What's going on?

Seems the "social threads" are subject to being "deleted" rather than being "locked".

Message 8650 of 8,712
latest reply

But it is an active thread.  No reason to delete this thread.

Someone had to ask for it to occur.  That is mean/wrong.

Zulie

Posting ID Only.......
Message 8651 of 8,712
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

But it is an active thread.  No reason to delete this thread.

Someone had to ask for it to occur.  That is mean/wrong.

Zulie

I think it is just something that happens to the "social" threads.

Message 8652 of 8,712
latest reply

But why would current posts be deleted?  It would seem logical to trim older posts.

Message 8653 of 8,712
latest reply

I think posting on this threads helps many of us with the stress of selling on eBay.  It's a way to connect with others doing the same thing.  

Now 12 posts up is 2022--what is going on???

Message 8654 of 8,712
latest reply

I don't know....I sent an inquiry to the mods.

I am working today -need to take a fedex soon.

@buyselljack2016  suggested starting a new thread.  Jack, please do so.  I will miss this thread.

Posting ID Only.......
Message 8655 of 8,712
latest reply