cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active listing and sold item search data

I am having a developer create a tool that will search eBay for a compiled list of search terms, items I have available for sale, to confirm within filters that the item is selling for over X dollars.  

What type of API key and info do I need to provide them with in order to complete their code? Also trying to figure out the call limit. I don’t know enough about coding but wanted to create the dev acct so I can apply for more requests as needed. Not wanting to share my login info with them.

Many thanks! 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Active listing and sold item search data

@appliancepartsupplyco 

eBay has a Marketplace Insights API that is only available to high-end developers (like Terapeak) for gathering data surrounding sold items.  eBay does not have an API that is available to regular developers for performing market research or retrieving sold data. Sellers are referred to the Terapeak research section of Seller Hub for that purpose. 

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&tabName=SOLD  

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@shipscript 

OK I guess a better way to put it is which API key do active listing search results fall under?  Is there one that completed listing search results fall under?

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

eBay has deprecated most of the "ended item" searches in the API.

For searching your own active listings, or those of others, the simplest is to use the Finding API to return items filtered by keywords (and optionally, sellername). There is no need to access the seller account, as this is publicly available data. For that API, a developer could use their own developer credentials (App ID) and hand over the working code where you can replace with your own developer credentials (App ID).

The Finding API has a limit of 5000 calls per day, but a single call can retrieve up to 100 items. So that would allow you to retrieve up to 500,000 items daily. The calls are made by requesting a page number with 100 items, and because a sale or new listing can bump the sequence, there is some possibility that calling the next page will skip an item or duplicate an item, so the developer must consider this, or you would live with that anomaly.

https://developer.ebay.com/develop/apis/api-call-limits

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Even though this information is available to the public, the information for the search filter “sold, completed“ are not scrap-able via an API?

IMG_9677.jpeg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Sorry, no. It has been deprecated across several APIs. While a few calls can still get through, they are throttled and will eventually be eliminated. The license agreement that a developer signs does forbid market research.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply