cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

Final value fee;s are  ridiculous on Ebay... Very upsetting... I will look for other ways to sell anything from now on...very sad...

Message 1 of 166
latest reply
165 REPLIES 165

Re: Ebay final value fee's are a rip off.....

ebays final value fee should be  10% of your profit.  Not  the 10% of the total sale.  They even charge you 10% for final value off shipping.  i did $2800 USD last month shipping was about $200  so $3000 was total transactions my profit was $800 or about 30%... looks good right ? Wrong ! here comes your ebay invioce at the end of the month and Bam !  $300 out of my $800 profit.  Ebay 10 % of the total sale translates into 35 % of my profits.  they are killing us.  I am Devistated every single time i get an invoice.   if it was 10% of your profit that would be fair.  but it is Not they take 10 % of the total.  this is insane.     if car lots had work on this rule and %age  the would be bankrupt in the first month.   10 % of our Profit Ebay Not 10% of our total sales. you are starving us out of here.

Message 61 of 166
latest reply

I must agree with all of you,I only just listed some things for the first time ive only sold one thing so far for only 70 dollars and been hit already with a 7.62 then again for posting it with a fee,how the hell do they hit you for a fee for you going to the post office and posting the item off,that  surely cant be legal ,wha w the hell have they done to take a percentage of you paying the postage and actually physically traveling to the post office,I'm done with ebay my first will more than likely be the last,its absolutely a con,I'm not lining the pockets of some corporation by selling unwanted goods that ive owned for years

Message 62 of 166
latest reply

I’m glad I just dipped my toe in to see how eBay works as a seller. I use eBay for my sports card collection only. Thought I would try and sell a couple cards I don’t want to then turn around and buy what I did. So glad I only posted a couple cards. Which in the end has costed me money to “sell”. I literally paid eBay to give my items away. No thanks. You have to dig through all the fine print to see what the fees really are. I took what the app said at face value as far as fess. Hidden fees and commissions out the butt.

Message 63 of 166
latest reply

I will never sell anything on ebay ever again.. total rip off
Message 64 of 166
latest reply

Absolutely a total rip off... Use facebook market place.. I am done selling on ebay.. 

Message 65 of 166
latest reply

EBAY IS NOW HOLDING MY MONEY FOR 21 DAYS FOR " poor performance" If I get a complaint, buyer says they never reived book or damaged, I have to give the money back and they don't send the item back to me. this is poor performance?
along with Ebay seller final value fees and shipping fees, I'm now losing money and I have to wait for MY Money 21 days RIP OFF, SCAMMERS EBAYS ARE CROOKS !!
Message 66 of 166
latest reply

13% is so far what they've taken from my sale.  That is a deal breaker for me.  I used to sell on eBay several years ago and it wasn't nearly that expensive.  Good bye eBay,,,, and I seriously mean permanent farewell.

Message 67 of 166
latest reply

I'm done with ebay too. Tired of being ripped off.

Sell a $100 item that cost you $80 less ebay and paypal fees of 15% = $15 ...I made $5 bucks.

LATER EBAY 

Message 68 of 166
latest reply

Ebay and Paypal are the only ones making money after the fees and the high shipping costs these days.
Message 69 of 166
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just sold something on ebay and it cost me over $100 in the end with all the fees and shipping costs. Never selling on ebay again.
Message 70 of 166
latest reply

Totally agree. I am being charged 10% for a sale of an Iphone plus another $23.00 from Paypal for an undisclosed hidden fee they charge whenever you sell to international, as I did. I hope a class action will resolve this abuse soon. 

Purchase details

$40.00
Purchase total
$535.00
Fee
-negative $23.84 (paypal) does not include the $50.00+ ebay is charging!
Message 71 of 166
latest reply

Yes! A total rip off indeed! I guess I didn't fully understand the final fees they collect after a sale is made. I lost big time, the buyer got an unbelievable deal and Ebay did too. Never again! I'm done with Ebay.

Message 72 of 166
latest reply

They say free listings for first 10 items so u list exspensive things because I want to save but in reality it's free listings but the hidden fine print that no one reads because free is free says there is a 10 % transaction fee so when u pay all the shipping and insurance and pay pal deduction they hit u with a invoice for 10 % I got a 1,200 dollar bill so I ended up losing money on everything I will not pay it free is free good luck ebay 

Message 73 of 166
latest reply

I Totally agree!!! EBAY Is a RIP OFF!!!!!    
Will stop selling on ebay!!!!!!  
Biggest middle man do noting scammers ever!!!!

Message 74 of 166
latest reply

I have been selling on ebay for more than 10 years on and off. I started selling on a more regular basis three years ago. I notice that the final value fee has increased over the year: i used to be a top rated plus seller which I can benefit from the lower fee but now ebay makes it harder to remain in top rated plus as it requires the seller to offer free return to buyer. I just don't understand why the fee is always on us/sellers. ebay is supposed to be a community to make a reasonable profit for seller and if that's not going to happen, how would you expect us/sellter to stay with ebay? even though I still sell with ebay, I become less active and motivated: i used to be very active about selling. Probably it's time for me to look for other platform to sell. Anyone has suggestion??

Message 75 of 166
latest reply