cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback is useless

I left negative feedback for a seller after I was issued a refund by ebay because I never received item and seller never responded. They had shipped my item to another location. So I left in my feedback,  "never received item, intentionally shipped to another location, seller never responded." 

Now today I see my feedback had been removed on their feedback list and they are back at 100% again and 1 neutral. Makes me wonder how many other negative feedbacks they had managed to get removed from ebay when disputing it. 

I never said anything to the seller about leaving them negative feedback. Also ebay never contacted me informing me my feedback had been removed. 

I wonder how this even works and how any seller can just get any negative feedback removed? 

So when buying from sellers, their feedback score may be inaccurate if they can get any negative feedback removed. We won't know if they are scammers. I was lucky to get refunded when I opened a dispute on ebay and they never responded to my dispute so I had ebay stepped in and I was refunded within hours and case was closed. Then I left feedback for the seller. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Feedback is useless

I left feedback saying that the item I had purchased & paid for no longer existed when I paid for it & that it had not been in stock for over a year. I had proof from the courier who never even went to that location on the day in question & it was never dispatched by the store. Yet the store tried to blame the courier for loosing it.

eBay refused to post it and said I had left it too long to provide feedback (6days) and the very next day eBay sent me another email telling me that I had not left feedback about my experience with that store..

The store also abused me for telling them what the courier had said & they were extremely rude about it.

This store has 99% positive feedback but it doesn't deserve that score. The only reason it gets that high score is because eBay only accepts positive feedback about them. I have since found out that others have had the exact same thing happen when buying from this store and the store used exactly the same excuse they gave me. This eBay store is lazy & does not update their online adds.

Look, simple fact is that when a seller is a rip off  you should be able to tell future buyers about it.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Look, simple fact is that when a seller is a rip off  you should be able to tell future buyers about it.

Look, simple fact is that when a seller sends an item to an incorrect address, you have no proof or any idea as to whether it was deliberate or an honest  mistake so ''SELLER RIP OFF''  is your assumption only.

INR - buyer refunded - move on..............

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

This thread is more than a year old. If you have an issue you should start a new thread.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I haven't left feedback in years.  No reason to, you can't leave negative feedback for a poor buyer and if you do leave negative for a seller, most of the time, it's removed.  So why bother.  

I do file every report I possibly can for the bad buyers and I report when they deserve it.  

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

eBay represents the seller when a mistake is made by the buyer. If the seller can prove it to eBay correctly, eBay will remove any negative feedback you may have. But if there is a mistake on the part of the seller, you need to communicate it correctly to eBay.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply