cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP A SELLER WANTS TO SCAM ME

After paying for an item really fast because it was cheap and I did not want anyone to buy it before I do, I now stumbled across the review of how this same seller scammed someone by sending out empty box… so I immediately cancelled the order, the seller declined the cancellation and told me that he wants to ship the item. I told him that. I ordered like 30 seconds ago so item has not been shipped so he should cancel, he refused. On my dashboard is now showing item shipped… I tried to click on item not received, eBay said I have to wait for 30 days to do that. Seller is telling me that item will arrive in 10days. Please what do I do… i

100% sure he wants to send the wrong item or an empty box and he wants to close it fast please tell me the next step to take help me 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: HELP A SELLER WANTS TO SCAM ME

Did the seller provide you with a Tracking Number?  If yes, what does the Tracking Nmber say? 

When you paid for the item it should of told you when the expected delivery date is.  If it is not received by then you can file a claim of not received the next day.

If it is not what you ordered then return it.  Receiving an empty box is not what ou ordered, correct?

stephenmorgan_0-1713849665460.png

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You paid for the item and they refused to cancel so now you'll just have to wait until it arrives. If it's not what it's supposed to be you can open a not as described case, don't open an INR case if you actually do get something even if it's a box. It will show as delivered and you will lose... I know you were rushing in fear that someone would beat you to the deal, but you really need to think things over carefully and vet your seller before buying so you won't have to deal with hassles.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yes he provided tracking number, tracking says

A shipping label has been prepared for your item. A delivery date will be provided when USPS receives the package; contact the shipper or shipping partner with any inquiries.”

item is still with the seller and he has declined my cancellation.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The seller also wrote returns not accepted 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I forgot to add The seller also wrote that returns not accepted 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Do not worry about their No Returns Policy.  That is if nothing is wrong with the item when you receive it.  If it is not as described and you use the eBay pages to ask to return it they have to allow a return or just refund you.

That information on the shipping label means they have already purchased the shipping lable but have not turned it in to the shipper yet.

What is the item Number of the item?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much for this reply, it’s an iPhone, quantity is 1 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This sounds like a scam waiting to happen. It was cheap for a reason, so buyers like you rush into it. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a fake tracking number scam. I would prolly start checking now with the carrier to make sure it's actually addressed to you. If it's not start checking for the best and quickest way to resolve it. Many 3rd party websites have the best solutions for the fake tracking number scam, not so much here.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@daha_193152,

Before buying from any seller you have to open their feedback profile page.  You do that by scrolling down a listing page to below where you see the seller's username in large letters. There will be a few comments below that then an oval with See all feedback in it.  Click on that. On the page that opens if the seller has received neutral or negative comments you can click on those numbers to read only those comments.   You have to be very careful when buying from sellers based in China, even though they will ship to your country.  They are known worldwide for scamming buyers.

Once you pay for an item, you can only ask a seller to cancel it, and they do not have to agree. eBay is going to make you wait 30 days, because that is probably the time left before the last estimated delivery date will pass.  On the day after the last estimated delivery date, you can open an item not received dispute, by going to your purchase history and clicking on the more actions box. then select I have not received my item, or if what you receive, is not as it was described, one of the other selections from the list.

When you open a dispute it will appear on your My ebay summary page. Any messages should all be in that area.  If you get a message through ebay's regular messages from the seller, asking you to, wait longer,  close the dispute in order to get a refund, or to leave positive feedback. Do Not do any of those things, those are all attempts to get you to lose your money Back Guarantee protections.  Go to the dispute itself and click on the Ask eBay to step in button. eBay will issue a refund. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

ALL eBay buyers need to read the eBay Money Back Guarantee for buyers, preferably before starting to buy here.  I gather you've not done that.  

Regardless of WHAT you receive, if it's not what was described in the listing, and if it does not arrive within a few days of its last estimated delivery date as seen in the listing, you can open the appropriate case with eBay and have 30 days to do so.  Whoever you spoke with at eBay did not mean to say you have to wait 30 days.  They meant you need to do it WITHIN 30 days.  

Did not receive it? Find the item in your purchase history and click on "did not receive it".

Received it, but not as described? Click on "want to return" and then "not as described".

PLEASE learn about the protection eBay offers to buyers and use it appropriately.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The OP (buyer) has exactly the same protection that the MBG offers to ALL eBay buyers.  Not sure why you would imply otherwise.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I never said they are not covered by the MBG, but the MBG is a big fail when it comes to the fake tracking number scam. And after at least 10 years of the scam ebay has done nothing to help buyers. You can read the MBG until you're blue in the face and still lose your money with the FTN scam.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply