cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy It Now, Add to Cart & Add to Watch List Buttons are NOT working? (time out 6:40pm, 4-27-2024)

Recently (in the last 10 days or so) my ebay (item view) page has stopped working properly. The Buy It Now, Add to Cart and Add to Watch List buttons appear OK on the screen but when the mouse is positioned over them the icon does NOT change to the HAND symbol indicating the desired LINK ( to the selected action) is not active or missing? Could this be a mouse driver problem? Some of the other Links on the page still work (i.e. clicking on the seller brings up a list of all the items currently on ebay for that seller). However, clicking on the image advance arrows, while indicating a link ( i.e. the mouse pointer changes to a hand symbol) does NOT work. The same when hovering over the image - the mouse pointer changes to a magnifying glass, but clicking doesn't do anything. I have noticed that the LINKs that do work show a URL address text pop-up at the bottom of the screen whereas the malfunctioning button links do NOT. I'm using the Mypal 68.14.0 Browser (based on the Firefox engine) but reworked/updated to work on Windows XP. Yeah - I know Windows XP is NOT supported but the Mypal browser has been working fine on Facebook, Amazon and most other sites I visit up to now? Only ebay is acting up? Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buy It Now, Add to Cart & Add to Watch List Buttons are NOT working? (time out 6:40pm, 4-27-

Yesterday I was fiddling around my settings, modifying my add ons, changing the source around, but I'm not technically inclined enough to figure it out. I had windows open from Tuesday that were still working normally to make a comparison, but i did some updates and needed to restart my computer to see if that would fix it. Nope, so those pages got refreshed to the current eBay coding.

Today my mouse is reacting differently, on the normal settings i usually keep. So eBay has been doing something since people started complaining. If this were a video game, the way the cursor is glitching out makes me think it's an anti-bot thing.

Using my keyboard's tab and enter keys to manipulate the page doesn't work though, aside from what you've said still works.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Buy It Now, Add to Cart & Add to Watch List Buttons are NOT working? (time out 6:40pm, 4-27-

I'm having the same exact problem. I am using a Mac. This was just noticed by me today. Have used only a couple days ago and was working then. Sorry I have no solutions for you but at least you know you are not alone.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What operating system version are you using? Many mac users with OS 10 versions seem to have problems lately, along with some OS 11 users if they cannot install the latest version of a popular browser.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Same issue here: add to watchlist, add to cart, buy it now functions not working. Just noticed it over this past weekend. It worked fine earlier this month (april 2024). The items that were already in my cart still have a functioning pay this seller only and It still lets me tap the little heart button to add to watch list … for now … but then once it’s on the watch list I can’t do a buy it or add to cart. My current  ios 15 is on my ipad so I don’t think that’s the problem. I even tried switching from safari to bing… nothing changed. I haven’t had a chance to see if everything is functioning on the desktop site. I think this is an issue with ebay IT and not our devices, settings and software updates. Hallmark had issues from pre-thanksgiving up until about the beginning of march. I called them 2 different times before Christmas and got nowhere with them. They tried to tell me it was my device and there were no issues with their site then one day everything was miraculously fixed and they had a whole new website design… almost 4 months later. I was thinking about calling ebay but I doubt I would even get a person. I hope someone in their IT dept or in customer service reads these comments so the issue can be addressed. I’m sure we who have commented so far can’t be the only ones experiencing this problem. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The problems appear to be limited to folks using older Mac operating systems that do not allow using the latest version of a browser, or folks that have not updated their specific browser for various reasons.

Make sure you are using the latest version of your browser, or try another browser.

Or try completing a purchase using the eBay app.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply