cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to return shoes used that were new

Buyer wants to return a pair of sandals they have worn and removed tags from. They claim the sandals fit perfect but believe they are wider than their original pair they owned. Pictures they sent show obvious signs of wear from toe impressions and tags have been removed? What should I do. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@missy_1394 wrote:

Buyer wants to return a pair of sandals they have worn and removed tags from. They claim the sandals fit perfect but believe they are wider than their original pair they owned. Pictures they sent show obvious signs of wear from toe impressions and tags have been removed? What should I do. 

Wants to or is returning?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Looks like you accept returns, so tell them to return for a refund.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

They haven't started a return, they only have messaged starting they would like to return. Also they want all shipping cost refunded which my listing states buyer is responsible for shipping cost on returns.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They haven't started a return, they messaged stating they would like to return. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@missy_1394 

For remorse buying, buyers are responsible for the cost of the postage to return the item to you BUT you accept returns so that allows them to return the item to you even for remorse buying.

Ugh...Really... to take the tags off and wear them to the point of having toe impressions already shows what kind of person they are.

Accept the return and block the buyer.  At least that's what I would do.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

All you can really do is hope they don't open a case, hope if they do open a case they choose a remorse reason like doesn't fit so they have to pay return shipping (not very likely) and hope they don't open an item not as described case in which you will pay shipping both ways and refund in full.  If by chance you are a top rated seller you can deduct up to 50% off the return but if not, the buyer probably "rents" his footwear month to month on a sellers dime.  If you aren't top rated I'd look into the requirements, Its so worth it bc Ebays policies are arguably anti seller . 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: