cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Extortion/ Scathing Negative Review

I have a buyer yelling and screaming at me in my messages because they claim that the old used climbing helmet I sold them smells like mold/ mildew. I washed the used helmet with warm soapy water and it was very much dry way before I sold it. It was not moldy or covered in mildew. All they had to do was ask to return it for a refund. Instead, they are yelling at me by my first name, questioning the quality of all my other climbing gear and threatening me with negative feedback if I do not accept the return. I have no problem accepting the return if they return the helmet in the very condition they received it. I don't t appreciate the abuse this buyer has placed upon me. I did report them and blocked them, as well, so they can't buy anything else from me, but I can't help but think that Ebay needs to step in to ensure that i'm not being extorted.

Another worry of mine is that this person may have taken something from the helmet and replaced it with a broken part from their own personal helmet. They did say they needed it for parts. I dont know. 

What else can I do?  

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Feedback Extortion/ Scathing Negative Review

@monster-deals wrote:

@thecharliestore wrote:

I didn't send them a return label and I don't think I will.

You might want to think again.

Refunding now would be a nice choice on the stinky helmet the OP couldn't seem to find the trash can with.

If, eBay did not provide a label and the buyer has not shipped. 

But the OP seems to think they are going to inspect the item upon return and go from there.......   his/her choice...

Posting ID
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@thecharliestore wrote:

There are many detailed pics so they can assess the condition of the helmet visually before buying. I did not mention a smell because I did not smell anything. The helmet was washed and dried properly and stored in a cool dry place. I have no problem accepting the return and refunding his money if he sends it back the way he received it. I am not sending him a return label because no where was it mentioned that I would. The listing even said no returns despite having accepted it.

So anyone can return anything no matter what if they claim it smells? Because it can't be proven and who's going to include "may have a displeasing smell" to the description of every item they sell? Maybe I should do that. 

When a buyer files an INAD, the seller has to pay return shipping.

If you don't provide return shipping, buyer can ask Ebay to step in and you don't want that.

It doesn't really matter what condition the item is in when returned, you'll have to refund.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

his/her choice...

Ultimately yes but any seasoned seller already knows that the choice is between refunding and refunding with a ding.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Roger that. Not sure the OP gets that...

Posting ID
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

How did not issuing a return label go?

Message 20 of 20
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: