cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion fee

Hello! I have four items selling and one of them is charging an insertion fee every month. Why is that? Is there shouldn't be a zero insertion fee for a such small amount of items?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Insertion fee

You have one item listed in 2 categories that is probably where you are charged a fee. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204585267266 

Adding a category to your listing 

IMG_1652.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@igorjeha wrote:

Hello! I have four items selling and one of them is charging an insertion fee every month. Why is that? Is there shouldn't be a zero insertion fee for a such small amount of items?

Check the category in which you have listed the item. Not all categories are “free”.

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Insertions fees dont just apply to the number of items.

There is a video on the right side of the page. Understanding Selling Fees and a link All about Listings that might help you figure out what the fee is for.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Even if you're listing a small number of items, certain categories or listing options on platforms like eBay may still have insertion fees associated with them. These fees can vary based on the category or type of listing chosen. Reviewing the fee structure for each item can help clarify why an insertion fee is being charged.

nomijack
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Make sure you are not using some of the options in your listing like Bold Title or Subtitle those options are not free. How much is the insertion fee that you are being charged? Providing details makes it easier to figure out the reason. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1714476913714.png

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You have one item listed in 2 categories that is probably where you are charged a fee. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204585267266 

Adding a category to your listing 

IMG_1652.jpeg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes, that's it: The Walimex Adapter is listed in two categories.  You can't use one of your monthly free insertions to pay for the second category insertion.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You have 1 item listed in 2 categories and that could be it.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@igorjeha wrote:

• Not all categories are free
  • Additional categories for the same listing are not free
  • Listing upgrades are not free

What is the listing and how much is the fee?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Omg. Thanks you all for reply. It was in two categories by mistake. The main thing-using an android app, there are no mention about it, there was only one category stated. I re-checked it from pc and there was 2 categories. So why the hell app showing only one stated, I have no idea. Anyway ,thank you for clarifying. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply