cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing happening in my sales. Tried new thing. Promoting all listings 10%. Hope this is answer!

Sales could not be more awful!  Nonexistent for a while.

Let’s see if this shakes it up.

Never did this ever before.

Maybe in past promoted 1, 2 or 3 items…

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Nothing happening in my sales. Tried new thing. Promoting all listings 10%. Hope this is answer!

I know this may sound a little harsh, but looking at your items, your prices are definitely on the high side. When I see $750.00 for SS earings, or $2400.00 for a mirrored vanity, my first impression as a buyer is that the rest of your items are either overpriced or priced over my budget. Unless they are museum pieces, only a limited percentage of buyers would spend that kind of money. If it were sneakers or handbags, you'd be ok, since those items would cater to a much larger buyer base. If quantity of sales are your concern, then I would try lowering prices. 😉

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Nothing happening in my sales. Tried new thing. Promoting all listings 10%. Hope this is answer!

OP, there are many reasons including what PLS-consignments stated.  Also remember the consumer is pulling back.  It's taxtime and people are doing their taxes.

I'm not sure rare and collectibles are selling like they used to.  Clothing esp. is oversaturated.  I think you should try listing on E**y & other platforms where there are collectibles and rare items also.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I hope it shakes things up for you!

But it might take some time to see the effects, so monitor your sales closely.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There is no solid proof, or way to determine, if the use of PL increases sales or simply adds additional cost for the seller. It will be interesting to see what your results are but even if sales do increase there is no way to tell if the use of the PL is what caused it if it was other factors. I have never used, and never will use PL, but I just weather the ups and downs in online selling. Some mentioned tax time, last week was also spring break for a lot of people and of course the NCAA tournaments and the solar eclipse on Monday. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I hope it helps! We have gorgeous weather coming in the next few days and week. Maybe try the table out on the sidewalk again? 

Good luck to you! I hope the PL's are beneficial to you. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I see nothing in your listings which I would expect to be helped by PL. I do not believe a buyer doing a broad search will want them, you need a buyer doing a specific search which your listings will probably place well on.

Not to pile on, but you are more heavy handled in pricing than I am. I say this based on only those items which overlap what I sell. Being heavy handed is possible if your item is truly scarce and worth the price to a highly motivated buyer. I do not believe you will find a highly motivated buyer for many of your items.

If these are the types of items you wish to sell, you need more items and should be prepared to wait longer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Oh!   Yes!
I See you are New York City too!

Am planning hitting the street downstairs on Broadway next Monday for 2 hours.

Gigantic street food trunk is now in “ my space”  so I’ll have to move further down the street.

Trying to decide what books will sell fastest out of what I have available but am looking for books more than $10.00.IMG_5980.jpeg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply