cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment dispute over auction.

So from what i know, Their “son” bid on my item. What i dont believe is the fact that they retracted the bids multiple times, so i just believe they werent sure about purchasing. I already shipped out the item and itll be delivered on Friday. Which is the same day i have to respond to the dispute. What do i do? Also, should i do it now or the last day of the disputes time? Since it should be delivered by then. I have until May 4th

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Payment dispute over auction.

It is a payment not recognized dispute

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

For us when we look............................

Winning bidder ID bid history shows 3 of their 5 bids in the last 30 days were on your item.

All 3 of those bids are still shown.

6:58: 27

6:58:35

6:58:41

3 bids.jpg

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@whatabur26 wrote:

This page explains your seller protections for "payment not recognized":

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293

When a buyer opens a payment dispute because they didn't receive the item or they don't recognize the transaction

When a buyer opens a payment dispute because they didn't receive the item or they don't recognize the transaction, sellers will be asked to provide:

• Evidence of successful delivery to the address provided by the buyer at checkout, or
  • Proof that the buyer collected the item

If eBay determines that the item was successfully delivered or picked up:

• We will not seek reimbursement from the seller for the disputed amount, even if the payment institution decides that the buyer is owed a refund; and
  • We will waive or refund the seller's dispute fee

Evidence of successful delivery

Tracking information from a shipping carrier that shows all of the following:

• A delivery status of "delivered" (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered);
  • The date of delivery;
  • The recipient's address that matches the one found on the Order details page, including the city/county or zip code (or international equivalent); and
  • For orders with a total cost of $750 or more, proof that signature confirmation was purchased (uploaded as an image when challenging the dispute).

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@whatabur26 wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

EBay will usually back you, by showing their bank that the address for the item is the same as the shipping address.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bHbQlfy_HaRGBrEtZ3_wIlg7-gTbBJK3/view?usp=drivesdk here is their retraction history.

Tracking never reveals "the address for the item" so that won't work. And that link is useless @whatabur26 as nobody else can see it.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

@whatabur26 wrote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bHbQlfy_HaRGBrEtZ3_wIlg7-gTbBJK3/view?usp=drivesdk here is their retraction history.

@whatabur26 

I don't click on random links, but it's okay for you to post your screenshot. Use the camera icon above. 📷

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@whatabur26 wrote:

This is misinformation. They did retract the bids, i have a screenshot of it. 

@whatabur26 

Here are the screenshots from your listing. Top one shows the winner was 4***2 (0) $475.00

They never made any bid retractions.

Buyer i***0 (0) made 4 bid retractions and 1 cancelled bid. They were not even in the top 2 bidders.

Screenshot 2024-04-29 211400.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 211628.png

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

I really dont understand how to add photos, but i guess ill just have to tell you. I just went back to check my auction: and the winner for the item was the same person who retracted 4 times. The usernames are messed up, i can assure you they were the winner. 

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Instead of arguing with everyone, do the recall now, it can be done on line. Which is more important; loosing the item or debating who canceled what? 

It is incredibly rare for anyone to win a dispute with the buyers payment institute. 

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

are you sure this the approach i should take? eBay says that if the package is delivered during an unauthorized payment dispute, it gets accepted, no matter the institution.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@whatabur26 wrote:

You have ebay's protection as long as you shipped to the address ebay told you to ship to on the "ship now" page. 

As for the suggestions to intercept the package, that is a good idea if it works but in the 2 cases I tried it, it didn't work. Packages got delivered and they were unable to intercept. (You aren't charged unless the interception is successful.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

For us when we look............................

Winning bidder ID bid history shows 3 of their 5 bids in the last 30 days were on your item.

All 3 of those bids are still shown.

6:58: 27

6:58:35

6:58:41

3 bids.jpg

You're mistaken. The winning bidder has 3 bids on this item but their retractions are there too. Since they were retracted, they no longer show as bids.

scroll down to the retractions. This bidder, i***oFeedback Score (0) - has the same history as the winning bidder because it IS the winning bidder. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

From what you have posted, they have already opened the dispute and don't sound like type of buyer that will drop it. If you can't get it back, nothing good is going to come out of it. In the end you will lose the item, shipping cost and pay $20 to boot for that privilege if they don't close the dispute. 

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

So are you saying when eBay auto-generates those fake usernames, they give 2 different ones to the same (actual) bidder but based on whether they are standing bids or retracted ones?  If so that sure makes it confusing.  

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

You say their son bid on the item. The item looks like something a kid might want. Was he authorized to bid on the item? Use the credit card? If he is not 18 he can't bid on eBay. As I said, an intercept is your best option. You are taking a big chance letting it get there and having them return it to you as part of the resolution. They could send you a stone back. I would right now be doing everything I can to intercept the shipment.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply