cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Expensive Item Now Sales Stopped

Happens Every time to me. You sell an expensive item and then nothing for days. Hidden selling limits. Anyone else? 

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Sold Expensive Item Now Sales Stopped

I’m a very small seller, but have experienced this pattern. Earnings have been very consistent month to month since the start of the year. In July I tripled my numbers thanks to sales of a few high value items. At the beginning of August I sold a single big ticket item, equal in value to all of my combined sales in July. Sales have stopped for almost 2 months since.

To try and stimulate sales, I revised listing descriptions, item specifics, photos, lowered prices and created new listings. All to no effect. 

Taking actions and making an effort seems futile. The platform appears to be heavily manipulated and controlled. Something that’s also very apparent to me from a buyer’s perspective when trying to search for items and make purchases.

As a business they obviously have their reasons, but it means the opportunity for sellers to realize their true potential is not in their own hands. It’s very easy to understand a lot of the stress sellers are under and frustrations they are expressing on these message boards.

Message 61 of 67
latest reply

Too much band width? I don’t know the reason. All I know I’ve been around enough to know that it was admitted by eBay and it happens to too many sellers so it’s evident.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 62 of 67
latest reply

I think eBay has hit the ceiling.  They need to do something drastic to stop declining. If companies have no growth there is something wrong. 

Ebay has grown and is a billion dollar industry but it has been in a decline. 

Thats one of the reason Wineg quit.

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 63 of 67
latest reply

It's throttling pure and simple. I've caught them doing it. I will list an item and when I do a search for it by new listed items, for many days I can't find it! And the results are it only has a few views. And if it's not intentional then there is something seriously wrong with their glitchy system. I've even ended ads and relisted them to see if that would make the item appear and it still doesn't. Can't see something if Ebay is blocking it from being seen.

Message 64 of 67
latest reply

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

Happens Every time to me. You sell an expensive item and then nothing for days. Hidden selling limits. Anyone else? 

100% agree! It has been said by many, many sellers on here. Too many, to say it's not true.

Message 65 of 67
latest reply

Same thing with auctions. If the bidding gets to high and puts you over your limit then nite nite auction. No more bids and no more nothing on it. 

Message 66 of 67
latest reply

@monstertoybox wrote:

@joesoucie22012 wrote:

100% agree! It has been said by many, many sellers on here. Too many, to say it's not true.

I'd love to say that Ebay is only hurting themselves with these hidden limits but they don't care as long as they are getting fat off the Chinese sellers who have hundreds of negative feedback.

Message 67 of 67
latest reply