cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does NOTHING to protect sellers

Not going to get into details because frankly I’m tired of going back-and-forth with a eBay so I’m all out of gas.

I will be filing a class action lawsuit against eBay for failing to honor seller protection policies, and also failing to uphold the abusive buyer policies. eBay has practically stolen, countless amounts of money from honest sellers in the form of returns and return shipping labels because of dishonest buyers that they refuse to keep accountable because it’s easier for them. 

It seems that a lot of people on eBay have had numerous problems with eBay, not honoring the seller protection. It’s time that this comes to an end. 

Message 1 of 90
latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Re: eBay does NOTHING to protect sellers

It would have been hard to find an attorney under any circumstances, even if you could get the attorney to read eBay's rules for sellers.  

Message 76 of 90
latest reply

Had A BUYER BID THEN BID AGAIN SAME BUYER THEN SAID COIN WAS FAKE US FAKE PENNY THEN WHY WAS HE BIDDING I, MESSAGE HIM ILL, REFUND $3 THEN HIS NEXT MESSAGE WAS HE PAIDED WITH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK THE SELLER IS NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE FEEDBACK EBAY IS SELF DISTRUCTING WHEN SELLERS GO TO AMAZON WHAT LOOKS BETTER MAYBE A AMERICAN CUSTOMER SERVICE WHO KNOWS 

Message 77 of 90
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Since you posted your issue on 12/05/23, but you still have some listings, may we assume that you worked things out? 

And how did that class action lawsuit work out for you? 

Obviously, he only sells to fund the legal fees.  

Message 78 of 90
latest reply

eBay also takes there fee on the sales tax that is paid . Not the winning bid amount , there commission is on the total cost with shipping and tax how is that legal ?

Message 79 of 90
latest reply

@japala33 wrote:

eBay also takes there fee on the sales tax that is paid . Not the winning bid amount , there commission is on the total cost with shipping and tax how is that legal ?

Yes, just like other payment processors, their fee's are based on the total amount the buyer pays.

Yes, it's legal, credit cards have been doing seems like forever.

Have a great day
Message 80 of 90
latest reply

Ebay violates their own policies.  They won't remove negative seller feedback even when it clearly violates their own stated fb removal policies.

Message 81 of 90
latest reply

@japala33 

Wrote: eBay also takes there fee on the sales tax that is paid.

Yes, the do charge on the winning bid amount.  The amount of the bid or buy it now, tax, fees and shipping.  Who ever told you other wise is misinformed.  By the way Credit cards also charges fees on sales tax as well, so it's perfectly legal.  Save your money and forget about a lawsuit. 

Happy Selling

Message 82 of 90
latest reply

Yes.. I see that! You can also add Vanguard to that list.

Message 83 of 90
latest reply

Count us in with that class action 

Message 84 of 90
latest reply

Count me in.... 2 negative feedback's one where the customer called me a thief.   I pointed out that this is Slander and implies criminal intent!!!  that is not an "opinion" that is SLANDER.... the other one is from a buyer who tried to buy off ebay site and when trying to get the feedback removed they backed him up.  I have his e-mails from my personal account.  But they are not willing to do the right thing.... everyone at customer service just repeats the same broken down company lines... 

Let me know when and how i can join your suit!!!  

Message 85 of 90
latest reply

Not sure about the whole suing of Ebay, I am quite sure we, as sellers, have agreed to never hold ebay accountable for anything in some small print, however the customer service and care for sellers was once great 20 years ago but this last year has taken on a brand new level of not giving a flying rats behind, I can't get anyone here in the US (unless they call ME to sell me something) and all I get is the copy and paste responses that they give the reps to use, don't get me wrong, these reps are friendly and decent, they try but they are limited in what they can do.

I have an issue with a buyer who tried to abuse the refund system, then lied about the item and my business in the feedback and all I get from the reps is "oh well it doesn't hurt anything" I've had 5 or 6 feedback revisions in 16 years of selling, about half of those the customer took care of and the other ebay did,
this one they are inclined to allow the buyer to voice his lies and "opinion" on my feedback and reduce my steller 100% to less than because he bought the wrong item and lied that I didn't help him at all.

My other current issue is Asendia, the Ebay shipping partner for International Ebay shipping. They have misplaced several items and I am currently trying to get them to track an item for a customer in Sweden and they appear to have lost it but they decline to help in any way, same with Ebay, the Ebay rep linked me to the USPS site which is not longer involved. I am so frustrated that the lack of care and support has reached levels of the sewer and ebay seems to have used the pandemic to reduce that support to little or nothing and leave it that way. I wonder what we are all paying the fees for (fees that have increased just recently).

Message 86 of 90
latest reply

I'm with you.  I'm contacting a lawyer this week.  

Message 87 of 90
latest reply

@rodpa-3081 wrote:

I'm with you.  I'm contacting a lawyer this week.  

Please come back and let us know how that goes......

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 88 of 90
latest reply

"I'm with you.  I'm contacting a lawyer this week."

You're contaacting a lawyer this week but you still have 73 listings up? LOL..

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 89 of 90
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 90 of 90
latest reply