cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see description

A week ago, I published an ad for a product offered on another seller’s account on eBay, and I put it at a higher price. Someone bought from me, so I bought from the original merchant and put the address of the buyer who bought from me.
Now the buyer wants to return the product to me, what should I do?
How do I coordinate a return? And return the money?
Yes, I discovered that such a process is not acceptable on eBay, so I am requesting a solution now without causing problems

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see descrip

I will tell, with no "aggression" that there is no solution where you will not pay for your grave mistake.  If the buyer files a return, the return address will be the real seller, the person who actually had the item in the first place and did the work of packing it and shipping it.  -They will get the item back with no idea why, and you will refund the money to the buyer.  

Message 16 of 66
latest reply

Re: i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see descrip

yes i understand 

Original seller is big and top rated so i am sure they sent the item i purchased but my buyer is not satisfied and he doesn't need it.

what if i request a return from my seller then get shipping label send to my buyer to ship it back to my seller directly without passing it to me as i live in a different country and i don't have an address in the country where my buyer and my seller live

Message 17 of 66
latest reply

so my intentions are good

Your intentions seem like you want to be a seller who doesn't get off his a$$. That's a hard way to sell & I don't know if "good" is the right word...

Message 18 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 

"videos i am asking to understand if allowed"

"so my intentions are good"

Doesn't sound like your "intentions are good."

Sounds like you want to make money by illegally selling links to copyright-protected movies.

The judge at your trial will not believe that your "intentions are good."

Your intention is theft.

Message 19 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

Original seller is big and top rated so i am sure they sent the item i purchased but my buyer is not satisfied and he doesn't need it.

what if i request a return from my seller then get shipping label send to my buyer to ship it back to my seller directly without passing it to me as i live in a different country and i don't have an address in the country where my buyer and my seller live

The transaction is between you and your buyer.  Your buyer requested a return. You need to handle the return.     

The person you purchased from is not responsible to accept the return from your buyer.

How about a bit more detail?

1. Where are you located?

2. What is the item?

3. How much money are we talking about?

An item number would be helpful.

Message 20 of 66
latest reply

So what country ARE you in?

Your ID says USA but I see nothing listed or sold on this account.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 21 of 66
latest reply

yes i understand 

Message 22 of 66
latest reply

@mordecai8614 wrote:

so my intentions are good

Your intentions seem like you want to be a seller who doesn't get off his a$$. That's a hard way to sell & I don't know if "good" is the right word...

There's a lot of that going around, and they usually find out the hard way.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 23 of 66
latest reply

yes i understand 

now i am seeking help not aggression 

Message 24 of 66
latest reply

These are 2 separate transactions and MUST be treated as such.

#1) Is between you and the person you bought it from.

#2) Is between you and the person you sold it to.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 25 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

Wow, you have dug yourself quite a hole here. I think in this case you are going to have to come up with the shipping because as far as eBay is concerned you are the buyer. They buyer will send it back to you. Then you send open a return with the seller. But since you do not live in the same country, I don't know how this is going to work.

Is this a really expensive item? If not I would say just take it a a learning experience and avoid it in the future. The logistics of this return is going to be very daunting and complicated. It would need the buyer to buy in. The buyer gets his money if the item gets to you. If he cannot prove he sent it to you, he does not get his money back. As far as the seller and eBay are concerned, you are the buyer. Any return has to come from you. 

But don't  go with with I have written. I am confused myself. Someone else might have a plan. 

Message 26 of 66
latest reply

@dakdak 

In this case, because of your actions, I think you should just issue a full refund to the buyer telling them that you're sorry they aren't happy with the item.  (Don't try to finagle a way to get it returned to you.)

Use the loss as the price of an education. Don't list and sell anything else until you read and understand the rules. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 27 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 You need to comprehend that you made a bad choice and take the loss. Issue a refund to the buyer without requesting they return for the easiest solution. Do not try to further involve the other seller by opening any cases against them to get a refund from them because you lost money due to a mess you created. 

Message 28 of 66
latest reply

but i have a question 
my seller doesn't know my address he only considers my address which is actually my buyer address you understand?
so if i request a return from my seller then ask my buyer to return won't that work?

Message 29 of 66
latest reply

i am located in US

my buyer and seller are in Germany

item is a used sneaker

it was about 45 Euros

but i have a question 

my seller doesn't know my address he only considers my address which is actually my buyer address you understand?
so if i request a return from my seller then ask my buyer to return won't that work?

Message 30 of 66
latest reply