cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not recieved case

I currently have a package lost in USPS limbo, and the buyer opened an INR case today. I purchased a label thru ebay so tracking has been automatically updating. I thought I read somewhere that I'm good as long as there has been recent movement on the package, but now all I can find is that the package needs to be delivered within 3 days for me to be good. Anyways, should I just wait 2 days and issue refund if it hasn't been delivered? Also, is USPS liable for reimbursement at any point if I used ground advantage? I appreciate the help, Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item not recieved case

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that I'm good as long as there has been recent movement on the package

------------------------------------------------------

With actual movement.............  perhaps

Note ..................  an "in transit", or "in transit, arriving late" is nothing but an automated event update, and will not meet the standard of an actual scan to show movement.

^^ That is important to note @seeryanb .

eBay will put an automatic extension on the INR if there is a recent scan (within past 7 days), but it has to be an actual scan, not just a system filler like "in transit to next facility".

USPS Ground Advantage comes with up to $100 included insurance if the package is lost.

How long ago was the last real scan?

Is there a current estimated delivery date when you look at tracking on USPS.com?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The tracking does NOT automatically upload into the INR. You have to copy and paste it into the INR. 
I have never filed a claim with the post office for lost packages but you can read here How to file a Claim|USPS 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I think you need to enter your tracking number into the Case notes. If there's movement, that's a good thing. USPS won't reimburse unless it goes completely lost.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If you respond to the INR case with the tracking number, ebay will see that the tracking shows activity and will likely give an extension time for delivery. 

In the meantime, go to USPS and file a claim. 

Usually that search (by USPS) will result in the item being shaken loose from wherever it's stuck and movement will resume.

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I thought I read somewhere that I'm good as long as there has been recent movement on the package

Note ..................  an "in transit", or "in transit, arriving late" is nothing but an automated event update, and will not meet the standard of an actual scan to show movement.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

^^ That is important to note @seeryanb .

eBay will put an automatic extension on the INR if there is a recent scan (within past 7 days), but it has to be an actual scan, not just a system filler like "in transit to next facility".

USPS Ground Advantage comes with up to $100 included insurance if the package is lost.

How long ago was the last real scan?

Is there a current estimated delivery date when you look at tracking on USPS.com?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Some sellers have been reporting that the tracking number is auto-filled in and greyed out so they can't copy paste it in anymore. They should still be responding to the INR cases all the same however.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Screenshot_20240420_182914_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240420_182851_eBay.jpg

 I filed a missing mail search request through usps around the 14th, and they responded on the 17th that the package was in Birmingham (about a half hour away from destination) and that facility was experiencing delays. Haven't heard anything back. Didn't know if re-uploading the tracking number into the system would benefit me or not? Thank you to everybody who has responded

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I paid for an item that was mailed, but still hasn't been delivered. The tracking shows it will arrive late. The item was only 10.00 so I'm not going to be too upset if it never arrives. I probably won't even waste the time filing an item not received complaint on ebay.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply