cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY BUYER SCAM SUPPORTED BY EBAY POLICY OF MONEY BACK GARUNTEE!!

ITS ABSOLUTELY NOT SAFE TO SELL RAW TRADING CARDS OR SPORTS CARDS. EBAY POLICY MAKES FOR PERFECT SCAM THAT MYSELF AND OTHER SELLERS HAVE EXPERIENCED FIRST HAND AND EBAY HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP PROTECT SELLERS FROM THIS FRAUD!! A BUYER ONLY NEEDS TO HAVE SAME CARD THAT YOU ARE SELLING IN MINT CONDITION AND HIS IS NOT AND WHEN HE RECIEVES YOUR MINT CARD HE CLAIMS IT WAS DAMAGED USUALLY MAKES UP UBSURD LIE LIKE "CASE WASNT RIGHT FIT AND MUST HAVE MOVEMENT DELIVERY CAUSING DAMAGE". EXCEPT ITS **bleep** BUYER ALWAYS INTENDED ON ASKING REFUND AND ANY PICS OF CARD ARE OF HIS GARBAGE ONE AND EBAY FORCES YOU TO REFUND AND HE SENDS YOU WORTHLESS CARD YOU NOW ARE OUT VALUE OF YOUR CARD AND NO WAY PREVENT AS IVE TRIED USING TAMPER SEAL LISTING SAYS NO REFUNDS AND IF SEAL BROKEN THEY ARE RESPONSIBILE BUT NOPE NOT WITH EBAY 100% MONEY BACK GARUNTEE...EBAY IS HELPING SCAMMERS WITH THIS POLICY WE NEED LEGAL HELP AS SELLERS TO STOP THIS EBAY SUPPORTED THEFT!!!!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: EBAY BUYER SCAM SUPPORTED BY EBAY POLICY OF MONEY BACK GARUNTEE!!

Do not sell anything you can not afford to give away.

There is zero seller protection against any "not as described" case.

It doesnt matter what you sell IF the buyer wants it for free, eBays MBG allows it.

All CAPS and no punctuation is not appreciated. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

So...questions. Are you using eBay standard envelope ? If so, you can get them to send you pictures and claim the item was damaged. What you do is refund the buyer, wait 30 days and file a PIP claim. The link can be found here:

https://www.pip-claim.com/PIPClaim/eBayIntClaim/CreateeBayClaim

You'll receive a refund via PayPal.

I also block buyers that do this to prevent abuse. It gets tricky if the sale is above $20.01 since you can't use ESE. Depending on the card I also insure it for the $1.70 and if it's over $50 sale price I automatically ship Priority Mail with includes $50 in insurance.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Only sell slabs. Raws that are worth anything, get graded. Otherwise use different platform for raws. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I agree completely and have found that eBay treats buyers with kid gloves and sellers as second-class citizens.  In another set of circumstances, NFL1989 continues to win bids on a variety of items and fails to pay, just to up his buyer rating. eBay does not allow negative comments to be left for this activity but has indicated that they "are investigating it" and might even suspend him for a couple of days.  Here is an idea.....just ban this idiot instead of making him look like a good buyer when he is preying on honest sellers. If I continue to encounter bad buyers I am going to stop selling on eBay and find other avenues to do so.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

What if one does not have PayPal? 

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

eBay is in serious trouble with this platform and i think they know it. You can't give buyers more protections or protections at the EXPENSE of sellers. it's not sustainable and the exodus from eBay is already full swing hence the increasing fees and the idiocy of 'promotions' which is another money grab by ebay. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

How does Amazon do in selling cards vs eBay?

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Well this buyers guarantee: guarantee folks will learn to use it to rip of (SCAM) sellers.

Problem is that you agree to the guarantee when you sell on eBay.

So RULE NO. 1 (already stated by a different user).

If you can not afford to lose the item and money paid for it including shipping fees etc....

DO NOT LIST IT ON THE INTERNETS.....

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Ebay are pathetic - their money back guarantee is a joke. As a seller I was told that I have to give a refund because the item does not match description - when i asked how the said "the buyer doesn't think its authentic" I had sold hundreds of them without issue. Ebay told me "we just accept whatever the buyer tells us" To me this is a breach of their own guarantee. Now I just have $hit on Ebay and started my own website for anything >$100

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I honestly don't know but I'm seeing facebook marketplace and even instagram being used as alternatives. I sell high volume low priced singles, raw almost exclusively, and for as many sales as i've had, the percentage of issues with buyers trying to scam me or request refunds is extremely low. that said, it's the fees on top of fees here that really get in the way of any semblance of profits. the promotion fees that essentially are mandatory if you want to sell, is a shady business practice and that's putting it nicely. Essentially you either have to pay on top of your final selling fees (which now includes shipping costs!!!!) OR try and game the algorithms by constantly editing your listings. There is no perfect solution here and if getting rich off cards was easy, everyone would be doing it. right now we have a glut of sellers who got going during COVID and decreasing buyers as the card market has evened out with people getting back to life as normal and other increasing costs like gas etc taking away people's 'funny' money. I think that sellers who received their first tax notice this year are in for a rude awakening and many who thought this would be an easy money grab are going to fall off and stop selling...

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

was it this POS?  sp9943-wp9slhqjp7

I sold this guy a $60 card in perfect condition. I originally bought 35 of them and sold about 15 with 12 extremely positive feedback. I didn't look at his feedback until after he put in for a refund. I kid you not this lowlife, piece of garbage had almost 20 pages in a row in which he refunded the items. this was my feedback that i left for him.

This guy is the biggest SCAMMER on ebay!!! PLEASE LOOK AT HIS FEEDBACK LEFT FOR OTHERS START AT PAGE 9 AND ALMOST EVERY FEEDBACK ON EVERY PAGE AFTER IS A REFUND. SELLERS OF RAW CARDS NEVER, EVER DEAL WITH THIS GUY! HE RETURNS A GEM ITEM DAMAGED DOING THE OLD SWITCH WITH A DAMAGED CHEAP CARD FOR A BEAUTIFUL CARD. HOW EBAY REFUNDS HIM EVERY SINGLE TIME AND DOESNT KICK THIS GUY OFF THEIR PLATFORM IS REALLY MESSED UP! SELLERS BEWARE!!!

The sick thing is I have been on EBAY 20+ years never had a return and EBAY sided with this P O S...makes you think how bad ebay really is when it comes to sellers. Always look at the feedback a few different ways of a buyer. Make sure other sellers haven't complained about the same thing on his feedback.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

He got his in the end.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

If you are willing to take orders over the internet and ship goods through the mail to people you don't know, things can and do go wrong. Ebay isn't going to hold your hand. Most of the other sites won't either for sellers. They're not the cops or the judges. As others have stated, there are risks in doing all of this. We all get bit now and then as sellers and we weigh the risks and benefits before we have to resorts to all-caps...

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

It's extremely disgusting how ebay always will take the side of the buyer. Their executive team has so much turnover in the past 5 years they have no clue what they are doing. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply