cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Guidance on Accessing eBay API for Sales Optimization

Hello,

My client is a top seller on eBay and wants to multiply his sales exponentially by identifying which items are of value to post. I have written a code to collect the information of the given product with their model number (e.g. Frigidaire 240337901). and would like eBay to permit me access to said information via API if possible.

I am using this URL format to access the information using Python's requests.

url1 = f'''https://svcs.sandbox.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1\ ?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced\ &SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0\ &SECURITY-APPNAME={APPLICATION_ID}\ &RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON\ &REST-PAYLOAD\ &keywords={product_name}\ '''

And also suggest me something that can help me to complete my task.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seeking Guidance on Accessing eBay API for Sales Optimization

Hi @mipa_2676 

All calls in the Finding API have been deprecated(API Deprecation Status) and will be decommissioned on February 5, 2025. An alternative to this API is the Browse API, which also has advanced search capabilities.

Using the Browse API, you can create a rich selection of items for your buyers to browse with keyword and category searches.

For for more details, please see Browse API Integration Guide.

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi developer_support@ebay 

Thanks for your reply.
I am trying to test some products on (https://developer.ebay.com/my/api_test_tool?index=0&env=sandbox) using Browse API.

But let's say I want results for 'Frigidaire 240337901' then my web service URI should look like this: (https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?q=Frigidaire%20240337901&limit=3). Correct me if I am wrong.

If I search 'Frigidaire 240337901' this keyword directly on the eBay site, it shows many results and by this Browse API I am getting 0 results in the output.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mipa_2676 

The Sandbox may not have any items by that name. If testing in the sandbox, look for something more common or else create some sandbox items that you can search.

Otherwise, change your search URL to the core site.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.
Now I can fetch all the data that I want by using the production key instead of a sandbox.

But I have one query if I search for any item on eBay and if I search same item by this developer API, the results are different. I don't know why this is happening. I want the same results from the developer API output as I get from the eBay site. 

Can you please help me in this way?

Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Do not use "Best match" for search, as that considers prior browsing history, which can cause diverse results. I typically use "newest first".

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply